www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I busted my ankle, I did not play a single round for 2 1/2 months, one day while fishing at a 9 hole course I decided to take out a couple discs that had been sitting in my trunk the whole time to see how my mechanics were, and if I could even throw it further than 250 , sure enough my ankle still hurt so with some tuning to my cross over and run up I managed to get it at the basket wich was about 350 , but I put all I had into it just to get it there, I had to slow my cross step down and not pivot on it with any speed or power, almost use no run up at all, but after that disc snapped out of my hand and parked it , I knew I had to try to play a round, the next day I go the park, and shoot a 6 Under.... whats the deal? Im not sure, my putting had just gotten to an all time high right before I hurt my ankle, and I seemed to pick that up right where I left off, and all my drivers are back to beasts and sidwinders, and the 166 dx leopord that I threw when fishing. its been 4 rounds back now, and the last one wich was yesterday was another personal best 7 under... so what I'm telling you is that if you think you might be able to take up to a month off than it might do you some good, Im sure its a combo of my disc change from buzz's to back to my old roc's and my switch from destroyers and wraiths to sidewinders, groove & Tee bird. The break deff lets you see how simple of a game it really is when you get back.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont know about a month but maybe a couple days to a week max. I take breaks and feel my game improves slightly to.
Welcome back! I remember your post when you hurt your ankle. It didn't sound good. I've never taken that much time off, but I have taken a few weeks off too "reboot" the body. You build muscle memory and sometimes I think. We tend to always tweek our throws. Pretty soon the body is like WTF. Make up your mind! This is my humble opinion. No science behind it at all.
think your right on, way too much tweeking '
i find that taking a occasional break is good once in a while. i was nearing the 2 week mark for consecutive days played but i decided to take a few days to rest my arm and the rest of my body because it was starting to be sore everyday, but i went back out and played last night and i did notice a little improvement from the last time i played

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968