www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm 5'3 and have been playing for years and have always had trouble with distance. My max is usually around 210, though at times I get a little more distance like 220. I've seen beginners who are taller than me and throw considerable further than I can and it just erks me to death! One thing I've noticed is that taller people have longer arms so they get more reach back.

Anyways, is there any truth in taller people getting more distance or are there people my height or 5'4 that can throw just as far

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am 6' 3" short.

I see it as 'form' is everything.
Athletic ability and good practice.
My son (18 years old) can now crush back hand over 400.
Yes, the old man taught him.
It's all in the SNAP!

And being over 6' 3'' is a disadvantage when landing in the schule....
Think about it.
I played a round with a 6' 6" feller with abnormally long arms...even for his height. He got absolutely effortless gigantic D (450+) but he had nearly ZERO control. He threw almost everything elevated: 30 degrees (or more), some more like 60 degrees. Even his crappiest throws were going 300+

I have noticed taller generally does = easier D...but that doesn't mean much sometimes
I'm about 5' 3" myself. I throw max D about 320 ft. I can rip a putter at least 200 feet.. It's all about form, short people definitely have an advantage in the shule.

That being said I do know some tall, lanky guys that can bomb drivers, usually with very little control or accuracy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968