www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So ive been an innova diehard since I started this sport about 9 monthes ago. But this morning I decided to go pick up a couple discraft disc's, a Z surge and pro D challenger and with my third throw I bombed the surge backhanded, i'm guessing about 450 ft over a soccer field like it was nothing and i have to crush my destroyers to get that kinda D. So now I am looking to pick up some more discrafts any suggestions? also I have a very strong forehand (450+ all day with my X-cal) and would like to find something similar stability wise........oh and that challenger is freakin bangin

Thanx

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Force is a bit faster, but I think it is going to act like your Destroyer.
The Surge is not as overstable as those discs, so it has much more glide.
For the right arm speed, the Surge will go further than a Destroyer.
If you do not have the torque required for overstable discs, they just take a hard turn left and you end up hurting your back trying to get enough anhyzer on them to glide.
Get less stable plastic and relax, or at least try lighter weights so you can get more snap and spin on them.
In fairness, Innova makes understable discs also that will perform the same as the Surge-The Groove has similar stability and is a bit faster.
This old quote applies often for Disc Golf "It is the archer, not the arrow."
There is no magic disc out there, but some discs become magical for some players.
I have several magical Cobras....

It is nice when you can buy a disc right off the shelf and it performs perfectly right away!
The challenger is one of those discs that your buddy lets you try and then you have to have one.
I enlighten someone every day to the fact that this is a game of accuracy and not distance.
I still compete against people who are under the assumption that whoever throws further will win.
They spend the day out driving me on every hole, while I keep sticking birdies in my pocket.
They drive fifty feet past a 400 foot hole and miss the putt, while I get the 380 to slide up short and bank the 20 footer!
I encourage people to work with the distance they have now and add some accuracy to that.
It is so much easier to work on upshots and putts than to rip drivers, and guess where the money is?
Yes, work on your drive, but why not work on getting it to end up in a specific area instead of just how far it can go!
If you like the challenger, you should like the buzzz as it is the most popular disc from Discraft.

I like the XL for anhyzer shots it is a great turover disc
I like the Innova Champion plactic and I like Rocs a lot, but Innova won't release any Rocs in Champion plastic except for the too expensive to throw USDGC discs. So for some strange reason I keep finding few Z- Buzzz in my bag.
If you're not sponsored or don't intend to be very soon, why not throw what works for you? Beyond that..buy local.
Buy local is good, except when their are no shops locally that sell discs!
I always thought the Dark Side was Proto discs !!!
lol the ss is NOT more stable its less stable
2 of my favorite discs are my Elite Z Crush, and my Elite Z XS.
I am not sure how discraft is the darkside considering Innova wants to fix prices and is more expensive.
How do explain Ebay ?
What makes INNOVA more Valuable to collectors than Discraft ?

Is Discraft easier to replace or not as much desired in certain parts of the country ?

Who was First ?

I don't know. I only hear one side of the story always.

Is it Favoritism ?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968