www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What companies outside Disc Golf...fit the bill for a major Disc Golf sponsorship?
What companies have the most to gain by a super large Disc Golf following?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Discette said:
Sharpie
Rocky Gortex Socks
Hand Warmers

Sharpie is a good one!
The RIT dye co., Shoe Goo,
Discette said:
Sharpie
Rocky Gortex Socks
Hand Warmers

I worked hard on the Rocky folks back in '00 for Worlds. Guy in charge knew all about disc golf, was at one point a casual golfer himself. No dice with any sponsorship, however. Our numbers are pretty puny so we wouldn't hit the radar for many of the big-wigs out there.

Joe
beer companies
Lowes, Menards, Lumber Companies- for all of the hardware, lumber (tee signs, tee box forms, hole markers/guides) course maintenance tools (rakes, shovels, saws...etc) concrete (if you do it yourself) Grass seed for new fairways.

Also, possibly bulk plastic manufactures- Dow, GE, BASF...etc. Not sure where the disc manufactres get their bulk material from, and we probably couldn't find out that info due to trade secrets, but those companies have buku bucks for advertising and sponsoring. I know you have seen all of the BASF commercials, their slogan "We don't make the products you use, we make them better". I could see them showing a disc golf player hucking a disc off a tee pad in one of their commercials.... "We don't make the disc you throw, we make it better" That'd be sweet!.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968