www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Gday all

We are going to start a program here soon and i was hoping to get some input from people who have taught disc golf to children. The age group we will be teaching will be 11-12 years old and i was wondering if anybody knows what type of disc would be best to teach such a young group?

Also if anybody does this i was wondering if they had a lesson plan set out i will be spending 1 hr with each class and as i have disc golf experiance i have no teaching skills as such.

Cheers

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

there is programs for that here in the states, its called EDGE i think.check Innovas site. as far as discs go, start them with stable mid-ranges and under-stable drivers (low speed) is what i have always been told. emphasize the grip and x-step. that's all i got I'm sure you'll get better info from people with way more experience then i. i cant even get my girlfriend to listen to me :)
haha who can :O)

da "kingpin" said:
there is programs for that here in the states, its called EDGE i think.check Innovas site. as far as discs go, start them with stable mid-ranges and under-stable drivers (low speed) is what i have always been told. emphasize the grip and x-step. that's all i got I'm sure you'll get better info from people with way more experience then i. i cant even get my girlfriend to listen to me :)
Innova's E.D.G.E. progam is cool. One of the teachers started it at my daughters school. They have different price packages that can fit most budgets. I think as far as discs. You need to get the 150 class discs. Once again Innova has a group of kid friendly discs on thier site. Teaching kids, just remember K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) Just give them the discs and let them have some fun trying to get it in the basket. You try and teach them to much to soon. They end up tuning out and wanting to eat paste! After they had thier fun. Then you can give them a few tidbits at a time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968