www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When you are driving, mid-range or putt do you tighten your ab muscles, if you have them  ; ) to produce more power and give yourself a better base?
Recently I have been doing this consciously to try and determine if I can throw farther and produce more speed and glide on longer putts and it has worked great. 

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Every person has a style that fits their body type. For drives, go to an open field and throw. Practice putting. If you are relaxed and you like the results then you have found your nitch. If not then practice more. In the long run your game will come along. Good luck.
I guess I would, if I had ab muscles to tighten! lol!!
I tried this but, it made me fart after every release causeing my group to giggle in anticapation every time I took my stance. I don't know if it made for more power, a better shot yes just feels better outa the hand and the dise does exactly what it is spose to do.
Haha : P

I think tightening the abs tightens the whole body and makes a much better, more focused throw.
If you mean at the last minute I could kinda see it helping you tighten your fingertips to release but if you mean from start to finish I could only see it hurting your game and making for a long day when playing greuling courses or multiple rounds. Especially for putting as you want to get a routine going.
Reasoning behind this is that for driving, rotation of the body is needed. For putting and driving, weight shift is needed. I'd imagine both of these would be hard to consistantly do while doing an ab workout.
At the same time, people do all types of different stuff and my games weak so what do I know.
you wanna keep your body loose, tight muscles are not as fast. i do however try to get more torque on the pull back though and then when bringing it through, i try to clear my hips and abs/core as late and as fast as possible. although, if what you're doing is working, then stick with it. the longer putts are important and if you are getting the desired results, no need to question it
Clear your mind Grasshopper and throw the disc!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968