www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Our club is working on a new propasal for a new course in here in Brantford Ontario.

I am looking for pictures of various types of tee pads, concrete, ashphalt, carpet etc. all types. to put into our presentation.

So if there are any DGRUS members that could help out with this it would be a great help to our club.

Thanks!

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The rubber mats are staked into the ground with long metal spikes. Perm flypads are hard to move. Or temp ones you can use metal tent spikes so the mat doesn't move upon teeing off.

Chad Coulter said:
I like the rubber idea. I have never seen a rubber Tee Pad. I have seen Rubber mats in gyms. I am curious. How do you keep people from stealing the Mats? I could see two Guys easily stealing the teepads in a matter of minutes. My local 9 hole really needs tee pads. This might be the answer.
I'll work on some pics for you but og for concrete don't mess with those bs fly pads try to get some texture on the top as well will really help out with it's wet and muddy out
Concrete is First !!!! If way too expensive go with FLY 18 Mats !!!!

You can try to contact : FLY 18

Reese
714-235-0100
I would agree concrete is the best way to go. If you plan on running any tournaments and adding additional holes you might want to pick up some rubber mats anyway.
Bryce,

I would go with concrete, concrete, concrete with mosaic inlays just to be artsy like yourself. Also the pads need to be heated. Seriously...concrete I think would be the best. Also...I think it would be cool to have some sort of mosaic design on two or three of the pads just for a conversation piece.
Rubber flypads are ok for temp situations, but those pads also need the ground below worked for flatness. Where you live...forget about the carpet. Hope all works out well with the new course in Brantford.
Later,
K.
Hey Joe,

The stall mats really work out for our needs & restrictions. For various reasons, I was not allowed to install concrete pads at the last 2 courses I installed, so I had to come up with an alternative option. The size is acceptable, and the price is right. You purchase them locally, so there is no shipping cost involved. They are really awkward to move around (big, heavy and floppy), so I don't worry about theft (per se), especially since I pin them down with long metal stakes. The mats have nice treading, and feel good under foot. They worked out well for us, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to others!

IMO
to explain..... the rubber mats suck because when they get sand or mud on them they are more slippery than anythingelse, even bare ground! not to mention every year at one of the local courses with them we have to drive around and level them back out! that sucks! plus it takes quite awhile, and they can be stolen. go with concrete! you can have them brush finish them with a broom for the best traction possible by any material. but make sure to have them slighly elevated if installed in a location that receives a lot of snow. or add a drain.

a mosaic add on tho the back of the concrete pads would look awsome!

rubber works for temp. or if you cant use concrete for some reason.
I would rather play on rubber then on wood chip or limestone teepads. You wanna talk about needing leveling. Limestone at least once a month and woodchips everytime it rains. Yes I agree concrete is the best option as long as they are made properly, not sealed, grooved, and big enough. If you cannot get concrete Rubber works. I have never have the problem slipping on a rubber mat even in the winter.

da "kingpin" said:
to explain..... the rubber mats suck because when they get sand or mud on them they are more slippery than anythingelse, even bare ground! not to mention every year at one of the local courses with them we have to drive around and level them back out! that sucks! plus it takes quite awhile, and they can be stolen. go with concrete! you can have them brush finish them with a broom for the best traction possible by any material. but make sure to have them slighly elevated if installed in a location that receives a lot of snow. or add a drain.

a mosaic add on tho the back of the concrete pads would look awsome!

rubber works for temp. or if you cant use concrete for some reason.
Like a Trojan concrete is chaffy.
BogieWon said:
Hey Joe,

The stall mats really work out for our needs & restrictions. For various reasons, I was not allowed to install concrete pads at the last 2 courses I installed, so I had to come up with an alternative option. The size is acceptable, and the price is right. You purchase them locally, so there is no shipping cost involved. They are really awkward to move around (big, heavy and floppy), so I don't worry about theft (per se), especially since I pin them down with long metal stakes. The mats have nice treading, and feel good under foot. They worked out well for us, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to others!

IMO

Sounds awesome, dolla for dolla. The place I saw had 4 x 6 units, I think, for around $35, something like that. Anyway, for a small private course application, I think its a great option. I'll pick one up, a couple of bags of stuff for base, and some stakes. Can't beat that with a stick.

Joe
I highly recommend concrete. Don't learn the hard way, do not use asphault or any thing that may be slick underfoot when wet. The livestock mats work pretty well but I would recommend at least 3/4 In thickness for wear and tear reasons if you go that way. They will be aroound 50.00 to 55.00 bucks but it's worth the extra thickness.
If you can use concrete without any restrictions, by far that is the way to go. I've priced both ways and concrete will cost about a thousand more, but I strongly suggest you bite the bullet and go with it. In the end, you will be much happier with the results.
Peace

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968