www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Our club is working on a new propasal for a new course in here in Brantford Ontario.

I am looking for pictures of various types of tee pads, concrete, ashphalt, carpet etc. all types. to put into our presentation.

So if there are any DGRUS members that could help out with this it would be a great help to our club.

Thanks!

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Brian,
I used recycled tire "stall mats" at the last 2 courses that I put in. I got them from a local Feed and Tack shop. While smallish at 4X6 feet, they were less than $50 each, which was a great savings. Hope this helps, eh? I'll see if I cannot get you some pix later this week...
You can try to contact :

Reese
714-235-0100
http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o204/wookiedave431/ERP%20Tee-Pad...

We installed trapaziods! 4ft.front 6ft. rear and 10ft. long. Dug out all pads durring the week w/ help from volunteers. Built 18 forms and found a small front end loader to transport the cement from truck to tee. Poured all in one day. One truck in the morning and one in the afternoon. Had to cover w/ plastic b/c of rain. We just finished only two weeks ago! Go for it!!! Well worth it!!!

check out the video clips too!

I like this pad , as you can see it gives me plenty of room and its not that slippery w/ sand
Good teepads are a MUST , especially if you have to PAY to play !!!!!
These type are awesome. They give plenty of room for whatever run-up. If you can always go with concrete dude, just way better and looks more professional as well.

AlternaTour said:

This is the 6x4x10 as well...they work great
Concrete is great! If not enough money in the budget for concrete then go with some Fly 18 rubber mats. They work great and are less stress on the knees.
say no to rubber!!! they suck!!! get as many concrete in as poss. add the rest later when you come up with the funds! concrete is totally worth the time and cost. those 4x6x10 look awsome go with them.
What problems do you have with rubber? Don't just say NO NOT THAT and not give a reason.

Also if you get concrete do not allow them to put a finish on them as it will make them slick.

da "kingpin" said:
say no to rubber!!! they suck!!! get as many concrete in as poss. add the rest later when you come up with the funds! concrete is totally worth the time and cost. those 4x6x10 look awsome go with them.
FLYPADS 100% recycled
go green with fly18..
.Lots of benefits
,less damage to your knees,and no shoe wear.
Not to mention cheeper and quicker to install.
Tested at all major events from 1997...
I have seen plenty of courses using the pads on a new design, for a year or so, when all is well they pour some pro concrete pads, and then moove the flypads up to the beginer location..Here in ca at huntington beach we do over 6,000 rounds per month and have had fly pads form 1998.Our local Paul Mc Beth fenom learned his game on flypads...All of the courses in lake taho, have flypads, in the forest perserve, no concrete allowed ,and more natural for wildlife . Something is always better than nothing..f18
BogieWon said:
Hey Brian,
I used recycled tire "stall mats" at the last 2 courses that I put in. I got them from a local Feed and Tack shop. While smallish at 4X6 feet, they were less than $50 each, which was a great savings. Hope this helps, eh? I'll see if I cannot get you some pix later this week...

Bogie - I was checking out stall pads at a local supply store. I liked the serious tread aspect as I checked them out, wondered how they'd work. How are those working out? Seem like a good option, no shipping necessary etc.

Joe
I like the rubber idea. I have never seen a rubber Tee Pad. I have seen Rubber mats in gyms. I am curious. How do you keep people from stealing the Mats? I could see two Guys easily stealing the teepads in a matter of minutes. My local 9 hole really needs tee pads. This might be the answer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968