www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Our newly formed club is hosting our first sanctioned tourney, a C-tier, this spring.
We want to leave a great first impression about our club and the kind of events we plan to run in the future, so in addition to making sure we are well organized and the course is in top shape, we want to put together a great players' pack.

So my question to you is...

What is the best players' pack you ever received for a non-sanctioned, C, or B-tier event?
(Obviously A-tiers and Majors bring in more money, so lets leave them out of this for now)

Just to help give us some perspective, tell us what the entry fee was too.

What are your favorite things to receive in a player's pack?

What things could you care less for?

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the idea of playing photos at the end, although it would be very difficult to do if you are at a park shelter with no electricity.

1st Annual Friendly City Open
Hosted by the Boone County Disc Golf Club
April 24, 2009
Lebanon, IN

We wanted to also keep the entry fees low, ($30/20/20 for Am1/2/3) so it will be difficult to make "awsome players packs," but we will want to do our best to have a players pack valued close to 100% of the am entry fees.
Somewhat related.....

There is an event in Norcal where the Am payout is always in Discraft/DGA plastic because it is the event sponsor. For the top payouts its OK they get a huge stack of plastic. As the you move down the payout scale it gets worse and worse on selection of molds and plastic quality. People always end up trading it and selling it etc. Kind of a impromtu swap meet after awards...

The last couple of years the Norcal disc store has shown up and will let you trade for Innova and other types. But you always end up with something you can't throw and you end up either keeping it, selling it or giving it away.... All the other events pay in script you can spend at the store. Anyone else ever get an Am payout of plastic that was pre-selected?
I would love to see some of the smaller brands in the player packs. I don't need another Buzzz, Teebird or Dx Roc. However, I'd love to try some more Gateway and Lat 64 discs. I'd rather try something new than get something that I already have.
Everyone needs another Buzzz dude.
Condoms and "Up Time" (Caffeine pills) You make the call!!
What's a players pack?
and yes i was just kidding. My favorite players pack was a cold beer and a coozie to put it in.
well i have to admit i love the buzzz as much as anyone however..................i have collected over 10 from tournaments abd i just dont use them that much anyway. i do luve the discontinued storm i wish there was more of those haha
lol, that's true. But I'd rather try a Core or Element just to see how they fly.
Oh my god I love my core. I am actually thinking about taking my buzzz out of the bag and using the core instead.
what's the difference in flight? I throw a Cryztal Z Buzzz right now.
the core for me starts out strait and finishes with very little to no fade. Throw with hyzer it does a nice hyzer, put on an anhyzer it wont come back. I get about 10 more feet with the core than i do with the buzzz. I have one in gold line plastic and noticed when wet the grip doesn't change. I am actually pulling my buzzz out of my bag and leaving this in its place.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968