www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm thinking of doing a cross country drive in the next year (if gas prices don't sail through the roof.) I'd love to hit some of the top courses the continental states have to offer. Send me your recommendations and why you love em'. Thanks JJ.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In Southern California you have to play La Mirada. Play the Golden State Classic lay out with some of the locals. It takes both 18 hole courses and turns it into 1 Monster 18 hole course. Very fun to play!
Leviathan (Ludington, Michigan), Winthrop Gold (Rock Hill, South Carolina) and Idlewild (Burlington, Kentucky).

They are sort of similar. What Winthrop does with yellow rope, Leviathan does with nature. Idlewild combines the two. Which is to say, difficult, nasty, punishing, exacting and brilliant.

If you told us your roughly anticipated route and time constraints you could get more insightful advice.
Kincaid, AK
Kenai, AK
Peters Creek, Ak
Juneau, AK

I haven't been outside of Alaska to play any courses since I started playing a short time ago, so all my favs are here.
Yeah, Leviathan is a real ball buster, but you gotta love it. I imagine the same for Idlewild.
MacKenzie on the Red Road in Pahoa.
International Disc Golf Center just outside of Augusta, Ga in Appling.

3 Championship GOLD level courses with the front and back nine all starting near the same spot, how convenient!

DISC GOLF HALL OF FAME and climate controlled PRO SHOP is a waiting your arrival.

$3 for pdga members $5 if not I think.

and nearby Atlanta course.... Flyboy Aviation (private par 99 w/1600ft hole down runway!) Perkerson (temp so check dates when up, center of city atl) East Roswell Park(established 05, tough Woods, concrete tees, everyones top 3 in Atl)
Redan Park, established 1989, piece of disc golf history, must play in atl area

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968