www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What's the best cure for tendonities better known as tennis elbow.I have only played a handful of times for the last year because of it.

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a severe case several years ago requiring medical treatment and therapy. It took months to fully recover. This is what my therapist recommended:

1 - Stretch before playing, but more importantly stretch after playing. Grab the back of your hand and pull down as far as you can, hold that pull for a minimum of 15 seconds. Next grab the inside of your hand and pull back the other way, hold for 15 seconds. It will be painful, but do it before and after each round. Picture a wound-up rubber band, that is what your tendon has become. Stretching allows the tendon to realign and gets rid of the knots. I cannot stress enough that is MORE IMPORTANT to do after playing when the tendon is elongated. This prevents knots from forming in your rubber band.

2 - Ice Ice Ice. Apply ice immediately after playing a round or when the pain gets too intense, do this for 15 minutes to reduce inflammation.

3 - Heat and message the tendon on a daily basis to promote healing. Blood flow to the damaged area is critical to healing.

You may wonder (as I did) about the Ice. The ice reduces inflammation after the tendon is "stressed" during play. Heat and message will do nothing if inflammation is present. You must first reduce inflammation before changing over to heat and message.

Believe it or not, doing nothing is the worse remedy and will lengthen the healing process. You need to get out and work that tendon by stretching, playing a casual round, stretching, apply ice, and use heat and message as needed. 

Good luck and I hope this information is helpful to you. It worked for me and my injury was so bad that my arm had become useless to the point I was considering surgery.

Find a really good massage therapist in your area, electronic stimulation is also highly effective.  Although it sounds crazy...especially where you are from, any energy mover is probably your best shot depending on how fast you want to get back in the game.  Maybe even a chiropractor that excels in kinesio taping should be worth looking at.  I could help you find an energy mover in the south,  but I know that it isn't as easily widespread as it is here in the southwest.  Let me know if you need my help.

Sheila K

Oh, forgot, natural supplement bromelain/papain...natural extracts of pineapple and papaya, sold as a digestive aid, takes out inflammation. Your body makes all the inflammation in your stomach, if the b/p keeps you from making it , you can't have it.   I like the natures life brand, because both the extracts are present.  A lot of other companies sell them separately to double the profit.

Sheila K

Thank You for the info.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968