www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So My parents live on a lot right on a lake which I regularly practice on and today I watched my Z Crush anhyzer right into the *&^% lake.This was my last of my discs to make it into said lake. Other than venting I was in need of some advice. I'm using this as an opportunity to buy some new discs. I have been playing for about three years so not quite a beginner but not an am either. I'm just starting to get my form down. I'm 190lbs. 6' RHBH. Here is what I have in my cart at Disc Golf Center
Innova Boss Pro 167
Innova Stingray DX 180
Discraft XS Elite X 164
Innova Roc DX 169
Discraft Magnet Pro-D 166

I have researched the specs and am mainly just looking for experience with the discs. I realize its about what feels right to me but there's nowhere near me to purchase discs so the web is the answer. I would like a variety of drivers both over and understable. The Roc is pretty much set in stone ( no pun intended) as I had one before and loved it. The putter however is not cause I'm used to using the Roc for Putting

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Magnets are great putters, but I would go heavier on any putter if I were you.
get a heavier roc, get a wizard instead of a magnet(good for short drives too). need a good stable driver to, i would suggest a 172 t bird for you.
i agree a teebird is a great disc and when im on a course use it more then any other disc in my bag of 20 .
Go heavier on the xs i got a light one and they are way understable. I could never throw it on any line. I think it would be nice around 170-175.
Thanks so Much for All the responses guys. I really appreciate the input.
The weight on the putter espically if your as good as you say should be bumped up. And if your buying one puterr it is best to buy several of the identical disc for back up, and time saver so you don't have to go to the basket everytime you putt.
IMO, there are better anny mids out there then the stingray (which i own), I think that the meteor is a lot better (which I also own). As for as the putters go, Ive played some rounds with a Magnet and its not for me, just doesnt feel right in my hand. I own about 6-8 different putters and the Wizard is the best IMO, they also have them in different varieties depending on how soft you like your putter (I throw the Super Stupid Soft)
whatever you decide to buy, don't throw near that lake... i don't understand how you practice on a lake btw
I currently am without transport to a real course So it was the only option. But I will take your advice. It was the last disc thrown at that location

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968