www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

HDG has been given permission to begin layout and construction of hawaii's first public course on 57 acres in pahoa . we were told to GO GO GO . and that they would help with funding and suport . ( heavy equipment ) basicically what ever we need to get this going . so i will be busy on saturdays for a while . this is my first course that i will have a hand in creating , along with hawaii disc golf .

all helpful hints , or experience with course construction will be taken with serious consideration .

thank you for your support . and who knows maybe next time you get out to the big island of hawaii , you can come and play on the new pahoa DG course .

ALOHA !

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

57 acres is sweet brother!!!

That is a heck of a lot of land.

Great arial view.

Looks like there will be a nice variety of open and technicial places that can be made.

Good luck, and enjoy the fact that you'll be part of history.

mahalo guys , we break ground on saturday . lot of rubbish to haul out , lots of pins to try out .
Mauka of Pahoa by the junkyard. Don't let the centipedes bite!
Wow that'll be great, I can't wait to play when I get back that way.... I hope there is alot of help getting this going! Many hands can makes this go fast! This is what Hawaii needs to get Disc Golf going on the Island! What kinda baskets are they putting in?
Wow, 57 acres, doesnt that take up around...Half of the big island (once you subtract volcano space)?

which reminds me, are inside volcanoes OB?

WOW-eee,   Wait, why play disc when you LIVE in HAWAII??  I would be living on the North Shore surfing pipe all day, but I guess a disc golf course is needed just about everywhere.  

A few suggestions then.  Our club just successfully installed 36 holes at a local park that has been getting really good feedback..

Don't pour the concrete for at least a year to allow tweaking.  Run a tournament to see how the course plays when its full of players.   Let the design come to you.  Look for cool downhill shots.  Look for cool putting areas.  Make it fun. 

As for actual installation resources, DGA has good stuff on their website. 

http://www.discgolfassoc.com/course-design/index.html

Good luck

Read up on course design on John Houcks website, he has a lot of great material available.

One acre is needed for installing a mini dgc ,might want to add that to your  list of wants.

AWESOME! What could be better than DG in Hawaii??? Keep us Posted and Congrats!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968