www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Not the new show on A&E, but the disc.

Why the change?

You guys (Innova) had created one of the best drivers of all time still to date, but decided to ruin it with a re-tool, why?

I've never really investigated the difference until now when I found that one of my Beasts is pre-change and one post-change. The Pre-change one is a great disc with a distinctly shallower and curved rim, whereas the post-change Beast is less-than-great and has a flat thicker rim.

Please bring back the old Beast, I can nearly guarantee they would fly off the shelves!

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so when did they change? and how do I tell the difference?
nibs- I think in 05. the old beast rim has a curve, similar to the discraft crush almost identical. the new one has a flat rim and looks more like a surge.
Seconded on the Orc, I love mine! It's still my go to distance driver. A friend of mine is a huge fan of the beast like I am the Orc and I think they're pretty interchangeable.

John McMullen said:
If Dave D says the old beast flies like a new Orc ... why not give the Orc a try. It's a great disc.

I never threw the old Beast ... but I do like the Orc.
look real close at the rim of an old beast and an orc..u can see that the orc is flat near the outside edge then curves in but the beast is curved to the outside edge then goes up..kinda opposite and hard to describe.
I agree with Ben that the change sucks, I have been throwing beast since they came out and the new and old are very different, so much so that I have both versions in my bag that I use for completely different shots. I love Innova and throw mostly Innova plastic but its this type of thing that fuels the debate of weather their plastic is as consistent as Discrafts, I just wish they wold leave a good thing alone!

Consequently if you are looking or would like to see what Ben is talking about when it comes to the rim Marshall Street Disc Golf still has the pre tooled Beast but you have to look for the ones listed as Beast (Marshall Beast stamp, Original Mold Champion), it takes some looking but they are the same old pearl type plastic with that perfect flight that we all have come to love so much!
I just recently lost my pro line champ plastic beast. it was my favorite, beast by far!
My original Pro Line Beast was my farthest-drive ever (flat ground normal conditions) about 510'+ on Hudson Mills Original #4 Blue tee. That was about 4 years ago! Can't touch that even with a Boss nowadays.
we could have the beast for the old mold and the creature for the newer mold. Keep them seperate but both in production.
So how do we go about sending a positive message to the people who can make a difference? Ben suggested a petition, let's get something started! I personally don't throw a Beast but I'd be just as irritated as some folks here if they did that to my Orc. So let's rally something and make an impact! Does anyone have an "inside contact", any ideas on where to begin?
Best bet is probably to go to the PDGA forum and under equipment heading you can send questions to Dave Dunipace. Plus I think he has a page here on DGRUS.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968