www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i have been playing for a year now and have found shoes dont last long playing disc golf.  i have noticed throwing r h sidearm that my right foot toe gets tore up, and ofcourse playing after rain a soggy shoe will never last.   has been hard to find comfortable and water proof and durable all in one good package

Views: 4919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use a pair of northface with vibrum soles. They were water proof in the beginning but that has warn off. After a year of use they are still really comfortable. The vibrum soles are holding up really well. I wear these just about everyday, all day.

nice   i should look into those.     hey man just wonderin where do you live and play at

I am just outside Ann arbor Michigan. I play rolling hills and the ponds at lakeshore mostly, but I do travel when I can. Rolling hills is well hilly, and wooded, lakeshore is flat and open.

i got the bite shoes made by crocs and they are really good.  I know what you mean by the toe wearing out.  I have worn many nice boots. The Bites have a toe that wraps over the front and are also waterproof. I got mine a half size to small but they are still a good shoe. They are hard to find because they discontinued them, but if you can find them I would get a pair.

I am a huge fan of the north face shoes for golfing. Mine have retained water proofness for well over two years now. I have very wide feet and the NF shoes are very cozy for big feet. My brother has narrow feet and swears by Salomen's so I would really stress trying them on. The model of NF I have now have a great toe guard for sidearm throws.

I have played exclusively in Hi-Tecs. I have two pairs right now. My older pair are Rogues and the newer pair is Commandos. Both say that they are waterproof but I never trust that and I spray them with Tectron if I know that I will be playing in wet conditions. I have even used the Tectron right before I head out the door with good results. They are comfortable and I usually get at least a year out of them.

Hi-Tec shoes grip well on all surfaces, the waterproofing lasts a couple of months, they last about a year, and they are inexpensive. I use these when i have to deal with wet surfaces.

When it's dry, I love my Vans.

Five Ten Impacts (high tops)..Check out my review on Zappo's.com..The best disc golf shoe I've owned.

Since I was in the Military, I have grown accustom to Steel toed boots. They are durable, waterproof, and provide great protection for my feet.
But as I get older, I had developed problems with Plantar.
So I bought a pair of "Skeletoes" with toed socks.
It is a big difference, due to being a hell of a lot lighter, and it feels almost like I am wearing nothing at all.
Down side, protection is out the window and so is the water proof.
So for me, it is two extremes.

Comfortable Trail Runners !!!

I love my Keens, but they're not cheap. Like you, I tear up my right toe on my forehand shots--therefore I needed a really heavy-duty toe guard. So I went with an expensive pair of Keen-Dry shoes (don't remember the model name). 18 months later and they're the best pair of shoes I've ever owned. They stay dry in a swamp and robust in the New Mexico desert.

try Danners theyre badass

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968