www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Greetings DGRUS World,

Cassidy aka "Wicked Dyes" started something interesting.  He created "The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure".  With this concept he asks " A club to track the Great Disc Adventure.   If a disc labeled with The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure is found please take a photo and post it on here along with your name/ date/ and location found then leave it for another to find". 

Also he asks

How to prepare a disc for its adventure!

On the underside of the disc put:

The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure

DO NOT RETURN

Take photo of you using the disc

Go to:

http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/the-dgrus-great-disc-adventure

upload photo and leave name, date, and location

Now sign disc and leave for someone else to find and use!

Once you have sent out a disc for the first time please create a discussion with the Disc Name, Color, Stamp (distinguishing marks) as the tittle.

This is a great concept.  A way to track a lost disc.  But I would like to start something similiar yet different.  I am taking Cassidy's idea and taking it a step further.  I am stuck here in Florida.  And realistically, will be for a long time.  I would love to travel and experience many different places and Disc Golf Courses.  But since I can not, there is nothing that says that I can't sent a disc of mine all over the place.  What am I talking about ?

"The Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

There are fifty states in the United States.  For those who do not know here is a list...............

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

I will need to find a friend in each state.  This DGRUS Friend has to befriend me, send me their address via private mail (I will not spam it, and I'll only send it to the person needing it) and promise to do the following.......

* Upon receiving the disc, take it to their local Course.

* Take a picture of themself holding the Disc in front of their Course Sign

* Play the course using the Disc when possible

* Upon returning home, go to this discussion, post the picture, and write a little story about it at their course

* Mail the Disc to the Next person on the list.

So far, I would like the following people (Currently on my Friend's list) to participate :

Ed Horst..................... Mr Ed                                                     Florida

Cassidy......................Wicked Dyes                                            Michigan

Mark Ellis....................Mark Ellis                                               Michigan

Shawn West.................Dookville                                                California

Donny Olow..................Donny Olow            Morley Field California. First place I ever played

David Reisner............... Kirk                                                       Hawaii

Steve West..................Steve West                                             Minnesota

Tim...........................Tim York                                                New Mexico

Monte........................ Moe Dee                                                New Jersey

Brett..................... Brett@sickdisc.com                                      Wisconsin

If they all accept, all I'll need is 42 more friends.  If they do not accept, I'll need someone to step up and take over representing that state.

Would you be willing to be part of the "Brotherhood" ?

I can not make this happen unless I have enough friends to cover every state.

Join the "Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

Views: 7127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim Kenners House Private League GO DISCRAFT!!!

This series of pictures from Bob Julio are my final offerings for the time the Traveling Disc spent in my custody.  Since the Traveling Disc is a Discraft disc (Z glide) I thought maybe it should visit the factory where it was born and pay homage to the mad scientist and his minions who designed and formed him.

I do not believe even a glimpse of the stacks at the Discraft world headquarters has ever been published before in any disc golf media.  But since the Traveling Disc had that visit so do you.  The stacks are a fantasy playground with thousands and thousands of discs segregated by disc type and weight.  So if you need blue 173 gram Soft Challengers you can find them in an instant (or any other Discraft disc for that matter).

When sponsored Team members visit the factory for the first time it is a bit overwhelming.  You know how it feels when you can pick among a small box full of your favorite discs.  Now think about being surrounded by thousands of your favorite discs in every model which you can inspect and feel and compare (and take home with you).

Jim Kenner is the owner of Discraft and has designed every disc ever produced by his company.  He hosts a league at his home which features a world class disc golf course on site.   One night the Traveling Disc visited the league and posed for pictures.  This picture was taken by Bob Julio (Discraft shipping department).  In the foreground is Kyle Amatucci ( Discraft master-ofall-trades) and Max Kenner (dog).

From left to right:  Mark Kerns, Jay Moldenhauer, Paul Boldovich, Adam Weiss (all league members), Jim Kenner, me (Mark Ellis) and far right Mike Wagner ( Discraft General Manager or Director of Operations or whatever his title may be.  He runs the show these days except for the times Jim wants to run the show).

Mark,

Thank you for taking "Dad" (Discraft Glide) back to it's creator and place of birth.  With the Disc just visiting Ohio (My father's place of birth), combined with the Discraft Factory (Disc's place of birth), there is a full circle. 

Very nice! On a side note I got "Dad" in the mail last night, I'll be taking him out this weekend. Sadly I won't be taking him anywhere as cool as the discraft factory, but I'll take him out on the course.

Jeff,

The main purpose of the "Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc" is to have "Dad" travel to as many States and Courses as possible.  Everyone who is part of the "Brotherhood" is suppose to take him to their local course, take pics and write a story.  In the end, I plan to take all the pics, and stories to make some type of book.  Or a Calendar.  Yah, a Calendar would be easist.  If the Calendar takes off, then a book.  Purpose of this event besides "in memory of my father", is to show the common people the World of Disc Golf.

Yes I'm with you, I just wish I could tour the Discraft factory, we have nothing even remotely that cool around here. We do have some fairly decent courses though, and loads of friendly golfers, I've been messaging with Lee and I think I'll meet him at a course about the same distance from him as from me, we'll play a round together then transfer "Dad" to his care from there.

Cool.

Multiple courses.

Multiple players meeting to play.

Transfering of Discs.

Can't wiat for the Stories and Pics.

Met Jeff Nugent at Deming Park in TERRE HAUTE today.Very nice weather for Christmas eve in Indiana.He brought some friends we enjoyed a nice 18 holes.Great guys look forward to playing with them in the future.Dad is now in Illinois  to spend what looks to be a great Christmas with my family and me.Gonna put him on santa watch under the tree tonight.Will take him out soon as possible so he can continue his great journey.I do need the next address to send him to when you can.Merry x mas.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968