www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Greetings DGRUS World,

Cassidy aka "Wicked Dyes" started something interesting.  He created "The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure".  With this concept he asks " A club to track the Great Disc Adventure.   If a disc labeled with The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure is found please take a photo and post it on here along with your name/ date/ and location found then leave it for another to find". 

Also he asks

How to prepare a disc for its adventure!

On the underside of the disc put:

The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure

DO NOT RETURN

Take photo of you using the disc

Go to:

http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/the-dgrus-great-disc-adventure

upload photo and leave name, date, and location

Now sign disc and leave for someone else to find and use!

Once you have sent out a disc for the first time please create a discussion with the Disc Name, Color, Stamp (distinguishing marks) as the tittle.

This is a great concept.  A way to track a lost disc.  But I would like to start something similiar yet different.  I am taking Cassidy's idea and taking it a step further.  I am stuck here in Florida.  And realistically, will be for a long time.  I would love to travel and experience many different places and Disc Golf Courses.  But since I can not, there is nothing that says that I can't sent a disc of mine all over the place.  What am I talking about ?

"The Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

There are fifty states in the United States.  For those who do not know here is a list...............

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

I will need to find a friend in each state.  This DGRUS Friend has to befriend me, send me their address via private mail (I will not spam it, and I'll only send it to the person needing it) and promise to do the following.......

* Upon receiving the disc, take it to their local Course.

* Take a picture of themself holding the Disc in front of their Course Sign

* Play the course using the Disc when possible

* Upon returning home, go to this discussion, post the picture, and write a little story about it at their course

* Mail the Disc to the Next person on the list.

So far, I would like the following people (Currently on my Friend's list) to participate :

Ed Horst..................... Mr Ed                                                     Florida

Cassidy......................Wicked Dyes                                            Michigan

Mark Ellis....................Mark Ellis                                               Michigan

Shawn West.................Dookville                                                California

Donny Olow..................Donny Olow            Morley Field California. First place I ever played

David Reisner............... Kirk                                                       Hawaii

Steve West..................Steve West                                             Minnesota

Tim...........................Tim York                                                New Mexico

Monte........................ Moe Dee                                                New Jersey

Brett..................... Brett@sickdisc.com                                      Wisconsin

If they all accept, all I'll need is 42 more friends.  If they do not accept, I'll need someone to step up and take over representing that state.

Would you be willing to be part of the "Brotherhood" ?

I can not make this happen unless I have enough friends to cover every state.

Join the "Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

Views: 6956

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Th

Hole 2 fit Dad's eye

Attachments:

s

Attachments:

DAD

Attachments:

DAD

Attachments:

DAD

Attachments:

DAD

Attachments:

Well, dawn arrived with a couple inches of fresh powder, and a temp of 10 degrees. So Dad and I headed down the road to meet my youngest son, Colin (aka Weemon, Wee for short), for a day at Highbridge Hills.

We were wiped by days end, so did not post last. Here is a taste, I will give full report after I finish my chores.

Attachments:

Stopped on the way to show Dad an incredible view of Lake Superior and The Apostle Islands. Phone could not quite capture what we saw through the lake effect snow squall we were standing in.

Attachments:

Dad enjoyed looking at the score cards, checking in,and reading the tribute that John, owner of Highbridge, wrote to his father.

After signing the wall of fame, Dad gives the  map a final perusal, and we are off.

Attachments:

While waiting for Wee, I had time to show Dad the lower campsite area and building, the Honka houss, and the view from Blueberry Hill #2 basket. Good thing too, because deteriorating weather conditions prevented us from playing Blueberry.

Attachments:

We started our day on Granite Ridge.

One of the many cool things about Highbridge Hills is that #3 tee shot is very memorable, on all 4 of three "big" courses. #3 Granite is a beautiful big downhill 805 ft hole, with multiple routes, including an easy anhyzer that my River loves to ride.

When I found out Dad was coming to visit, and I reasearched Glides, I immediately thought of this tee shot for Dad. The other one is #3 Bear, as you will see.

Dad did not disappoint, and looked as happy as my River cruising that line. Except that Dad did not cover as much d as the River would have.

Other 2 pics are the sign by Granite 10 tee, and Dad checking out the spectacular view from 10  basket north to infinite.

Attachments:

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968