www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Greetings DGRUS World,

Cassidy aka "Wicked Dyes" started something interesting.  He created "The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure".  With this concept he asks " A club to track the Great Disc Adventure.   If a disc labeled with The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure is found please take a photo and post it on here along with your name/ date/ and location found then leave it for another to find". 

Also he asks

How to prepare a disc for its adventure!

On the underside of the disc put:

The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure

DO NOT RETURN

Take photo of you using the disc

Go to:

http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/the-dgrus-great-disc-adventure

upload photo and leave name, date, and location

Now sign disc and leave for someone else to find and use!

Once you have sent out a disc for the first time please create a discussion with the Disc Name, Color, Stamp (distinguishing marks) as the tittle.

This is a great concept.  A way to track a lost disc.  But I would like to start something similiar yet different.  I am taking Cassidy's idea and taking it a step further.  I am stuck here in Florida.  And realistically, will be for a long time.  I would love to travel and experience many different places and Disc Golf Courses.  But since I can not, there is nothing that says that I can't sent a disc of mine all over the place.  What am I talking about ?

"The Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

There are fifty states in the United States.  For those who do not know here is a list...............

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

I will need to find a friend in each state.  This DGRUS Friend has to befriend me, send me their address via private mail (I will not spam it, and I'll only send it to the person needing it) and promise to do the following.......

* Upon receiving the disc, take it to their local Course.

* Take a picture of themself holding the Disc in front of their Course Sign

* Play the course using the Disc when possible

* Upon returning home, go to this discussion, post the picture, and write a little story about it at their course

* Mail the Disc to the Next person on the list.

So far, I would like the following people (Currently on my Friend's list) to participate :

Ed Horst..................... Mr Ed                                                     Florida

Cassidy......................Wicked Dyes                                            Michigan

Mark Ellis....................Mark Ellis                                               Michigan

Shawn West.................Dookville                                                California

Donny Olow..................Donny Olow            Morley Field California. First place I ever played

David Reisner............... Kirk                                                       Hawaii

Steve West..................Steve West                                             Minnesota

Tim...........................Tim York                                                New Mexico

Monte........................ Moe Dee                                                New Jersey

Brett..................... Brett@sickdisc.com                                      Wisconsin

If they all accept, all I'll need is 42 more friends.  If they do not accept, I'll need someone to step up and take over representing that state.

Would you be willing to be part of the "Brotherhood" ?

I can not make this happen unless I have enough friends to cover every state.

Join the "Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

Views: 7058

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be goofy guy in the back and standing next to me is my mother, who is also thrilled to be involved in the journey. The two girls in front are the winners of the Ring Of Fire contest we did to cap of the day, They each won their own disc of their choice.

It is great to read of someone teaching the younger
generation about Disc Golf. I believe that it is best to
install values into the children of the World. After all,
they will be taking of us when we get old.
Thank you for passing the story to the little ones. Besides
being "Neat" of a Disc that travels the world (after his
journey ends in the US, hopefully I can send him to other
parts of the World, hopefully it shows that even someone
that you care for is dead, that it doesn't mean that they
should be forgotten. As long as We remember, no one is
truely dead.
Looking forward to other pics and stories. This project is
a success so far. It has touched many players and people
from all over the US. And it shows a bond that a Disc
family may have for each other. To me, everyone that has
partaken and will partake in this event,
is truely a "Brotherhood"

First off, Sorry for the lack of pictures from last week as my silly self forgot to bring a phone charger and was unable to take pictures. On the plus side without my phone nobody could bother me.

Now on to the journey...

"Dad" road with me to a little 27 hole wooded course on the North side of Mobile Alabama, Chickasabogue Park. We arrived Monday around noon set up camp and headed out for the first of many rounds. I started off on Hole 10, a little 200 foot turnover, I decided what better way to start then pulling "Dad" out for his first flight. I gave a little hyzer release and sent it within 30 of the basket, didn't have a clean putt but made for a very easy 3. Over the next 4 days "Dad" joined me and a mixture of around 20 other golfers on about 10 rounds of golf at the Bougue and also a trip down the road to another course called Chickasaw. 

Saturday morning I started setting up my bag for The Halloween Howler tournament, "Dad" was one of the first to enter the bag. I then Hopped in the back of a buddies truck for a quick ride over to tourney central. I don't know the final number but I know there was more then 290 players out there that day.

First round, I went out with great expectation to shoot the round of my life, but that didn't happen. I shot 3 down but was only 4 out the lead. I decide to rethink my strategy going into the 2nd round and start playing smart golf. After a quick lunch break I headed across town to Chickasaw to find the winds howling on this hilly and slightly open course. It seemed as if every time I would leave myself 100+ foot upshot I would reach in my bag for a putter and see "Dad", for whatever reason It made me think of my dad telling me to quit being stupid an just lay up with a Drone in this wind. It was a good thing I listened as I went bogey free for my first 13 holes and snagged a couple of birdies on the way. I finished the round with the 2nd best score of the course a 2 down and found myself in the lead.

Sunday, Final round on a really challenging temp course and yet again the wind was howling like crazy. I started off bogeying 3 of the 1st 4 holes. May have been from the many rounds of golf or from the nerves of being in 1st. So when I got to the 5th hole I decided to just have fun, this was the right call as I turned my game around and birdied the next two holes and fought back to 1 down for the round. 

I finished the tournament in 3rd place, by far my best finish ever in any division at the Howler. I would like to think that the spirit of "Dad" was there to help me on all the good tree kick and helping bounce back from every bad break. Being a part of this experience has blast, Thanks again for letting me be a part of it. "Dad" was with of 14 of the 15 total rounds I played last week, only hanging back for the Glow round where I was afraid I might lose him. I will get another day of disc golf in with "Dad" this weekend, where I will bring a camera...  Daddy Dragon feel free to sent me the next destination and I will let next person know the Day I send out. Probably next Wednesday if I don't decide to try to sneak in one round.   

"Dad" has officially been shipped to his next destination, next stop is Tim Arnsmeyer of North Dakota.

Sunday, I went on one last disc golf outing with "Dad", I went to the newest disc golf course in Coastal Mississippi, Hiller Park of Biloxi. This is a 20 hole course located along the back bay of Biloxi, with a great mix of long and short holes and lots of O.B. it is also one of the most challenging course in South MS. As You can see in the picture of me throwing "Dad" I found myself in some not so favorable spots Sunday. One of which led me to knee deep mud, ohhh the fun of disc golf. After working my way to the back 10 where there was less water hazards, I reached in the bag and pulled out "Dad", I think that was just what I need to turn my game around. I lost all the grip locks and silly tree kicks and finished the round off with a decent score. My Mother who also joined me for the golf outing, threw one of her best shots of the day with "Dad", I now have to buy her a Glide because of this. "Dad" journey in MS and AL included 4 courses with 91 different holes, and roughly traveled 100 miles along the Gulf Coast from Waveland MS to Mobile AL. Once again it was a pleasure to be part of the journey, I look forward to seeing the rest of "Dads" journey.  

Thank you Eric for partaking in this event.

Also thank you for the stories, and pictures

Hey everybody! Well Dad has arrived in snow cover North Dakota. He has forgotten his Snowboots.

Tim,

That's funny, forgot his snow boots.  Have fun with Dad.

Try not to lose him. Looking forward to seeing and reading your

pictures and story.

Well Dad started off with a trip to my job and met some of my co-workers. He really like the airport and was impressed, on how little work I do, for TSA. ON Friday the 16th we went to Minot AFB, for our frist round golf. We watch a B-52 takoff and Dad like that alot. Sorry to say that my extra snowboots did not fit Dad. Next, we headed down to Minot, Polaris Park. Round two of the day. We had the course to ourself's, the others who where to come and play back the last minute. Like always we started off real good,until the WIND picked up. At times the snow was knee deep in some place's. Over all we, had a great day of disc golf. It was great having Dad here.     

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968