www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Greetings DGRUS World,

Cassidy aka "Wicked Dyes" started something interesting.  He created "The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure".  With this concept he asks " A club to track the Great Disc Adventure.   If a disc labeled with The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure is found please take a photo and post it on here along with your name/ date/ and location found then leave it for another to find". 

Also he asks

How to prepare a disc for its adventure!

On the underside of the disc put:

The DGRUS Great Disc Adventure

DO NOT RETURN

Take photo of you using the disc

Go to:

http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/the-dgrus-great-disc-adventure

upload photo and leave name, date, and location

Now sign disc and leave for someone else to find and use!

Once you have sent out a disc for the first time please create a discussion with the Disc Name, Color, Stamp (distinguishing marks) as the tittle.

This is a great concept.  A way to track a lost disc.  But I would like to start something similiar yet different.  I am taking Cassidy's idea and taking it a step further.  I am stuck here in Florida.  And realistically, will be for a long time.  I would love to travel and experience many different places and Disc Golf Courses.  But since I can not, there is nothing that says that I can't sent a disc of mine all over the place.  What am I talking about ?

"The Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

There are fifty states in the United States.  For those who do not know here is a list...............

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

I will need to find a friend in each state.  This DGRUS Friend has to befriend me, send me their address via private mail (I will not spam it, and I'll only send it to the person needing it) and promise to do the following.......

* Upon receiving the disc, take it to their local Course.

* Take a picture of themself holding the Disc in front of their Course Sign

* Play the course using the Disc when possible

* Upon returning home, go to this discussion, post the picture, and write a little story about it at their course

* Mail the Disc to the Next person on the list.

So far, I would like the following people (Currently on my Friend's list) to participate :

Ed Horst..................... Mr Ed                                                     Florida

Cassidy......................Wicked Dyes                                            Michigan

Mark Ellis....................Mark Ellis                                               Michigan

Shawn West.................Dookville                                                California

Donny Olow..................Donny Olow            Morley Field California. First place I ever played

David Reisner............... Kirk                                                       Hawaii

Steve West..................Steve West                                             Minnesota

Tim...........................Tim York                                                New Mexico

Monte........................ Moe Dee                                                New Jersey

Brett..................... Brett@sickdisc.com                                      Wisconsin

If they all accept, all I'll need is 42 more friends.  If they do not accept, I'll need someone to step up and take over representing that state.

Would you be willing to be part of the "Brotherhood" ?

I can not make this happen unless I have enough friends to cover every state.

Join the "Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

Views: 7102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As you probably noticed, conditions were turning on us.Snow started coming down pretty good. We had  ribbons fly off 2 discs due to early tree hits.

so Dad rode the bag and took the tour for the rest of the round, until 18. We played the white tee for this 650 ft hole that plays straight up the hill, as you can see from the 2 basket looking back pics.

The first pic is Wee finally getting to a spot where he felt safe crushing Dad in those conditions, 18 Granite white tee. And crush he did, while I got the pic of the day.

Attachments:

Here is a pic of Wee and Dad right before launch on 18 Granite Ridge. Second pic is Dad checking out epic view from Blueberry Hill #17 basket. Can you say God's country? 3rd pic is Dad posing and hanging out in Woodland Greens #17 basket.

Attachments:

Next stop is The Bear, without question my favorite course that I've ever played. A newer course, that was finally mowed to a playable condition mid summer. I will go so far as to say that now that The Bear is playable, it will become the top rated 18 in the country.

Attachments:

Bear #3 tee shot is awesome! Another multi route slightly downhill design masterpiece.My River loves the anny line, and so did Dad.

Last pic is Bear#3 basket looking back.

Attachments:

First pic is Wee and Dad on Bear 10 tee, a flight Dad could have taken in better conditions. Next is Wee and Dad on Bear 11 tee. On a better day, I would be the one annying Dad over the edge. 11 Bear is another one of my favorite holes, with the coolest 2nd shot on the complex.

3rd pic is a big L shaped shared tee pad. Bear #12 plays northeast, and Whitetail #5 plays a long long ways down the hill to the south. Pic is looking south to whie basket,Dad had a better look than my allowed me to share with you.

Attachments:

Here is Wee and Dad looking at the sweet slightly uphill hyzer tee shot on Bear #12, the other half of the shared tee pad. Way up on a point, wind is always a factor.

Next 2 pics are Wee, Dad, and I, posing on Gold #1 tee. Once again, Dad had a much better view than I can bring you.

Highbridge Gold is my 2nd favorite course, and I would have used Dad for  tee shot and approach on hole 1.

Attachments:

Highbridge Gold #18 Basket, looking back down 585 ft of fairway.

Next 2 pics are Dad and I posing at Gold 16 The Moat Hole

Attachments:

Had to have Dad pose on Gold 8 tee, the signature tee shot of Highbridge Hills. 1300ish ft from the tips, pure downhill sweetness.

Attachments:

Much to our chagrin, our day ended without a round on Blueberry Hill. I can think of many shots that would have fit Dads eye.

Tired, wet, cold, and smiling... the 3 of us shared a special day at a special spot. We had first tracks and the whole place to ourselves.

Attachments:

I am impressed.

I have heard of people playing Disc Golf in the

snow, but never experienced or seen it.

Doesn't the ground get slippery ?

Isn't it harder to throw when you are all

bundled up ?

Here in Florida, the usual crowd dwindles

when the temperature drops below 60 degrees.

I love the streamer on the discs.

it is a very wise thing to do.

Thank you Up Man for showing the "COLD" side of Disc Golf. 

DD the ground and pads do get slippery, however with the big boots on... your footwork is too slow to slip lol.

Stand and deliver is the order of the day, and I use 150 class plastic to make up for resricted movement from extra layers. Actually, i throw 150 all summer too, to make up for being old.

I would love to not have to play in the snow. However I love playing too much to stop because of snow and cold. Play year round up here, and it's really not too bad. Easy to get proper gear for comfort. Can't put into words the serenity of playing with big flakes coming down, spiritual perhaps?

Worst thing is always wiping discs, I am already way over wiping discs after the last 2  days.

Glad to be able to show you, now if you want to experience it, I 'm sure Dad would help you find your way here...

Dad and I headed south Saturday with high hopes for driving out of the snow! We made our way down to Wildapple Disc Golf, in Osseo WI. 

My son Colin met us there. Wildapple is a beautiful gem of a disc golf course, zigzagging through wooded hillside, open  valleys, ridges, and wooded bottoms. Wildapple has slowly evolved from a dream and some tone poles, to a 27 hole course, with a basket on ever hole. Plus many multiple tee boxes and basket locations.

The owner, Don "Tick" Ticknor, is a friend, Grand Master, and is passionate about the sport.

Tick is a very active force in the local disc golf scene in the Chippewa Valley of Wisconsin, and has done much to contribute to the high quality of disc golfing that the area provides. Once he gets started discussing discing or Wildapple, the stories are interesting and abundant.

Dad was happy to have the ribbon removed! We found bare ground.

Dad and Tick hit it off, as I knew they would.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968