www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I see alot of great threads on this sight on how to improve your game. Its why I check it out so often. With thart said,the way to improve all of our games is watching Climo toss the plastic! The man is a machine. Maybe his best days are behind him,he is 41, but he has such liquid style! And if he is into it he is still a devestating opponent to all that face him. Liquid is how I would explain the champ. Lots of great form out there but check out how he has honed his momentum and shot into a truely beautiful throw. K...Im done lovin on Climo, but check this guy out...amazing!!

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Love watching KC throw but have trouble emulating his style. Another is Barry Schultz. So unique & effective & yet so difficult to replicate.
Curtis Minton said:
This past weekend the Tampa Bay Disc Sports Club held it's Fun N Sun Tournament in Clearwater Florida. It was a great event. We added six extra holes making it a 24 hole par 72 course. There were 120 players and some real great weather, food, disc golfing and fun. The best part of the weekend had to be Ken Climo, our local hero, shooting an unbelievable round with twenty-three consecutive birdies finishing twenty-three down in the second round. He finished fifty-seven (57) down overall for the weekend. That twenty-three down, of course, is the new course record at North East Coachman Park. Thanks Ken for a great show and for helping the club during and after the event.

WOW...I'd like to know what the round rating was for that -23 round. I wish I could have seen that.
He was shooting like a true Champ... Said to be a 1100+ rated round... got to see him in action all 3 days.
David Turner said:
He was shooting like a true Champ... Said to be a 1100+ rated round... got to see him in action all 3 days.

If he keeps up this stellar play for the year, we are going to see 13X teebirds.
Go Champ!
Both Climo and Schultz have body types perfectly suited to the game. Long and lean with a probable high degree of fast twitch muscle. It is awesome to see all the top level players throw! But as time goes by, and eventually passes the"Champ" and his contemporaries, I wonder who will sit in Climos throne. And more importantly will they have the clas and grace this dude does? Hope so. Peace
I just found this and thought I should comment. First off it's a real honor for Nick to even be mentioned in the same breath much less the same article as The Champ-KC. And kinda even moreso just a day after his 10th B-day. And just a few days after setting a new WFDF World Record for distance, his 3rd such distance record. And just a few short months before winning his 3rd World Championship Title, and his first Doubles World Title. He also has a couple of Putting World Titles as well as Distance World Titles. Quite a bit of accomplishments for a 10 year old. So Nick isn't being scouted for his "talking up" Innova. He is on the Scout Team for his hard work and dedication to this sport and improving his game to it's maximum potential. He is well on his way to becoming one of the top disc golfers of the future, and with Innova picking him up early on in his career, insures Nick will continue to work on his game. No "talking up" needed! And Mark, I guess I happen to be Nicks "agent" and he's thrilled to even be on the same Team with the likes of Climo, Feldberg, Jenkins. Scout Team suits him just fine. And he doesn't want to be the next KC or DF or AJ, he wants to be the first Nick Duran! Nick says thanks Discette and Mark for the positive comments.
Here is an old video I found and slowed it down.
Shows you how to do a run up on a short pad.
Some courses have very short pads when you go out of town to compete, and it is important to know the two step run up.
Ken Climo Two Step Slow Motion
Hey my bud andrew coggin is a 3 time jr world champ and 3 time jr dubs world champ and is on the Discraft reserve team but hey when your with the best company in the biz you gotta work your way to the top lol oh and you wont meet a better kid
Soak him in their wont be another Kenny for many generations.
really, body type has nada to do with it, Barry has already been duplicated
hhahahahahah joke !!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968