www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1194

Replies to This Discussion

Romans 11:33-34 (NIV) - Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org There are things about God that we will never understand. The apostle Paul recognized this as he was finishin...g his most theological work, the book of Romans. So, like Paul, our stance is to search the Scripture, for God has revealed Himself to us there; yet what is revealed is takes us beyond our comprehension! This challenges us to learn more and stay humble at the same time.
Jeremiah 1:7-8 (NIV) - But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord. Today...’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org We are quick to disqualify ourselves to be used of God. But God wants to use those who feel the least qualified to display His glory and mercies to the earth. You may feel like you are not mature enough or smart enough, but those are not the requirements that God is looking for. It is the one who is willing to obey what they clearly know to do, even if it is beyond their comfort level. These people are best qualified for the Master.
Ephesians 2:19-22 (NIV) - Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as ...the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Look at this magnificent statement about community. Paul paints a word picture of a temple made of people. We are standing on the original work of Jesus Christ and his servants, the apostles and prophets, but unlike an earthly temple that is finished, this one continues to be built. When we gather with each other the structure rises a little more. We all experience the dynamic power of God’s Spirit as we are built into each other. We are no longer on the outside, so step into God’s living building and allow God’s Spirit to lift you up.

Mark 1:2-3 (NIV) - as it is written in Isaiah the prophet: “I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way”— “a voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’” Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org We see this pattern throughout the Bible: God lets us know what He is going to do before He does it. He tells Abraham of the Egyptian enslavement of the Jews, He tells Daniel of a kingdom that will never pass away, and He tells the Jews under Roman occupation of the moment that the Lord came into their midst. If this pattern is correct then the great question that we face is, “What is God doing in our generation?” The Lord is not silent; it is our responsibility to listen.

Luke 11:29-30 (NIV) - As the crowds increased, Jesus said, “This is a wicked generation. It asks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah was a sign to the Ninevites, so also will the Son of Man be to this generation. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Jonah was the prophet who was in the belly of a great fish for three days before he was spit up upon the soil of Nineveh. Jesus was referring to a miraculous sign that no one would see – Jesus would die, enter into the bowels of the earth for three days and then rise from the dead on the third day in glory. Like Jonah, this journey would be hidden, yet when it was revealed it produced startling results. The miracle of Jesus is that anyone who believes in the resurrection can be given the same gift of repentance that God gave the Ninevites. No matter how wicked, no matter how hated, God’s mercy is available through Jesus Christ.

John 5:39-40 (NIV) - You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Jesus was speaking to the religious leaders of His day when He said this. The implications are startling: you can be a Bible expert and still not know Jesus! So the goal in reading the Bible is not to read the Bible. The goal of reading the Bible is to get to know and interact with the God of the Bible. To lose sight of this can cause us to miss the very life and peace that God offers through His word.
‎1 Corinthians 9:25-27 (NIV) - Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org As we approach the Olympics one is struck with how much focus it takes to even credibly compete in the Games. The apostle Paul looks at our spiritual walk in the same way. Walking with Christ demands thoughtfulness and discipline. Getting the crown that lasts forever requires that we examine our time, our talent and our treasures the same way that an athlete examines their abilities to compete. We need training. We need to allow boundaries that keep us from beating the air. Preaching the gospel is not enough to complete the course. We must let the gospel challenge us personally and keep us qualified for the race ahead.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org Psalm 119:32 (NIV) - I run in the path of your commands, for you have broadened my understanding. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Like the Olympians that we see at the London Games, you and I have a path to run—the path of God’s commands, for these commands were created to bring freedom to our souls. So like the Olympic runners, we must run within the boundaries of God’s word if we expect to finish well. But even that is not enough; the Word of God became flesh and came to us in Jesus Christ. So when we come to Jesus Christ we become free, and that freedom brings a heart that wants to run after the ways of God. This is what brings joy in all that God commands us.

Psalm 46:1-3 (NIV) - God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The world is a dangerous place. People can create painful issues in the cities, and nature can cause havoc in our lives in the country. There is nowhere that we can escape the chance of being hurt, but the Psalmist gives us a ray of hope—those who look to God in the midst of their pain find a way to get through the rough and tumble realities of a fallen world. He can give us strength in the time of trouble. He can create the counter balance to fear; even when it seems like the earth around us is falling apart.

Psalm 149:2-3 (NIV) - Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

This is fascinating because the tambourine and harp were created by other cultures. From the beginning of worship music, the people of God took the instruments that were available in their day and used them for the glory of God. This means that the Biblical picture of praise is one that can incorporate the contributions of any culture, any style. Since that is the case, what do you have today in your culture that you could use to praise His name?

Amos 7:7-8 (NIV) - This is what he showed me: The Lord was standing by a wall that had been built true to plumb, with a plumb line in his hand. And the Lord asked me, “What do you see, Amos? ” “A plumb line, ” I replied. Then the Lord said, “Look, I am setting a plumb line among my people Israel; I will spare them no longer.

This passage compares the people of God to a wall built to the straight angles that plumb lines provided for ancient builders. Notice that the wall had been built true to plumb. The standards that God applied at the end had been there from the beginning. In other words, we serve a God who is not arbitrary. He equally applies law and grace to all that He does. Since this is the nature of God, how can we live up to this standard? Only through the One where the law and grace met perfectly – Jesus Christ. He became the plumb line for all humanity. He is the wall that is straight and true, and in Christ we have the resources needed to live according to God’s standard.

John 15:5 (NIV) - “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

This should challenge
and relieve us at the same time. The challenge is that we are to remain in Christ. Fellowship with God is not just a morning or evening event that lasts a few minutes; it is a reality that we are to cultivate all day. The relief comes from the fact that when we do remain in Christ, the realities of God’s kingdom will fill the world around us. We don’t have to “make it happen”, we only need to focus upon Christ Himself, and He will make our path straight.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968