www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1251

Replies to This Discussion

Proverbs 16:2 (NIV) - All a person’s ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the Lord.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

One of the metaphors for the Scripture is that of a mirror; when we look a
t God’s word, we are able to see our reflection more clearly. This proverb reminds us of what happens when we stop looking at that mirror, we forget what we really look like and can even deceive ourselves toward our actions! Pride, lust, and apathy can feel normal and unless we allow the Scripture to expose our ways, we will justify our behavior. We need more than a Bible study, we need our hearts to be transformed by the power of God’s word.

Acts 8:26-29 (NIV) - Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopian eunuch, an important official in charge of all the treasury of the Kandake (which means “queen of the Ethiopians”). This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship, and on his way home was sitting in his chariot reading the Book of Isaiah the prophet. The Spirit told Philip, “Go to that chariot and stay near it.”

Philip was in the middle of a revival when the angel told him to walk down an isolated desert road. In our age of pragmatism, we would question why Philip would leave “where the action is happening” and go to a place that was so remote. But Philip was not motivated by excitement; his greatest value was simple obedience. As a result, this official took the gospel to Ethiopia. So take heart if you feel that you are out of the mainstream of events, for you never know where those desert roads will lead you. What seems foolish to man becomes the magnificent wisdom of God.

Acts 27:42-44 (NIV) - The soldiers planned to kill the prisoners to prevent any of them from swimming away and escaping. But the centurion wanted to spare Paul’s life and kept them from carrying out their plan. He ordered those who could swim to jump overboard first and get to land. The rest were to get there on planks or on other pieces of the ship. In this way everyone reached land safely.

Earlier in Acts, the apostle Paul knew that he was to preach the gospel to Caesar, so he was on a ship to Rome as a prisoner. But a storm has caused them to go off track. They crash into a reef and it seems that Paul’s life is in danger, yet God uses an unlikely candidate to help. If God can use a Roman centurion to protect Paul, how much more can God use your boss, co-workers, or complete strangers to make sure that you make it on your journey? Don’t make the mistake of limiting what or who
God will use to accomplish His purposes

Nehemiah 1:1-4 (NIV) - The words of Nehemiah son of Hakaliah: In the month of Kislev in the twentieth year, while I was in the citadel of Susa, Hanani, one of my brothers, came from Judah with some other men, and I questioned them about the Jewish remnant that had survived the exile, and also about Jerusalem. They said to me, “Those who survived the exile and are back in the province are in great trouble and disgrace. The wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates have been burned with fire. ” When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven.

Nehemiah was a cupbearer to the king. While this was a risky job (he could have been poisoned), Nehemiah was in a position of prestige and comfort. It would have been easy for him to sympathize with the exiles and go about his business. Instead, he was deeply moved and took action. What about us? When we hear of other people’s dilemmas, do we simply say, “I’m glad that’s not me!” and move on, or are we willing to seek heaven for ways that God could use us to be the answer?

Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) - So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This divine promise to Israel should give every Christian hope, for we have been reconciled to the God of the Jews through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. If this is God’s heart to a nation that has gone astray, how much more is God ready to strengthen those who call upon the name of Jesus. So don’t become so overwhelmed by your current situations that you forget to call upon the One who loves you, has redeemed you, and is with you today.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV) - No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Have you ever felt that you were the only one who has been tempted in a particular way? The Bible tells us that temptation is a part of the human experience. But we are not left with temptation; God’s faithfulness has provided a way out of every dilemma. He has given us all that we need—if we will just look for it.

John 6:47 (NIV) - Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

This is the core of the teachings of Christ. Every miracle, every parable, every action that
Jesus Christ did and said was meant to open our minds and hearts to the reality that God created us, He loves us, and He calls us to a relationship with Himself. To believe that God sent Jesus Christ to introduce us to the realities of heaven brings us into the everlasting life now, and Jesus still stands as the living truth that will free anyone who turns to him

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org

‎1 John 5:14 (NIV) - This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Have you ever felt like your prayers were simply vanishing into thin air? The apostle John understood this, so he wanted to make sure that his disciples knew that even if our prayers seem dull and dry to us, that doesn’t mean that they are not heard. This promise should cause a thirst to know the Scripture even more, for the knowledge of God gives us confidence in our requests, and as we align our prayers with God’s will, we will see change in the world around us and in our hearts.

Romans 8:6 (NIV) - The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org When we come to Christ, God gives us the ability to contr ol what we set our mind upon. This is the case that Paul makes when he speaks of how to deal with sin in our lives. But notice how we are not alone in this struggle; the Holy Spirit is in us to help us—to guide us toward life and peace. Thanks be to God that when we are in internal turmoil God’s Spirit is there guide our thoughts and calm our soul.

1 Peter 1:22 (NIV) - Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.

It ma
y come as a new thought that our love for one another as believers in Christ does not come from an emotional realm; it is based upon a commitment to live according to the words of God. In other words, we can get along much better when we look to the Scripture as our guide and not the fickle whims of our souls. The bedrock of the Bible allows us to love deeply beyond our preferences or the language of individual rights that is so pervasive in our culture today.

Exodus 15:2 (NIV) - “The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

This ve
rse is from a victory song that Moses and the Israelites sang when they crossed the Red Sea and were delivered from the Egyptian Army. So when they were speaking of salvation, they were singing of God literally saving their lives! Yet this story applies to all of us: God delivered us out of our sin by His strong hand, and He has victory over sin and death. We all have a song to sing, for God did it before, and He can do it again.

‎2 Timothy 4:17 (NIV) - But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth.

God does not leave us alone when we face overwhelming odds. Paul felt abandoned by others, but he was not separated from God. Paul knew that God had a purpose for him that was yet to be fulfilled, so Paul was able to stand strong even in the midst of incredible danger. This is the confidence that any man or woman who calls on Jesus should lean on—that God will give you strength, for He has a destiny for you to fulfill.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968