www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1246

Replies to This Discussion

1 Corinthians 13:6-7 (NIV) - Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org If this is how love is displayed, what are the implications for us? Do we protect others? Do we see others with the hope of what they will be instead of who they are? Are we willing to persevere with others as they walk the path in front of them? Love triumphs judgment, for love gives us the ability to say that we are not what we used to be and we are not what we should be, but we are safe to struggle toward God’s purposes for our life.
Isaiah 49:6 (NIV) - “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.” Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org As Isaiah is prophesying to Israel, it becomes apparent that there is no way that the remnant of Israel could fulfill God’s expectations. It will take all of us. God’s light has always been for the ends of the earth, and you and I are called to do more than just focus on our families. We are called to tell of God’s good news to all of His creation
Romans 8:35 (NIV) - Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org It is always good to remember that our problems are, for the most part, 1st world problems. We are not facing famine, nakedness, danger or potential death for our faith, whereas many of our brothers and sisters in other parts of the world are facing issues of this magnitude. We stand on the legacy of past Christians who suffered greatly for their faith, so let’s take time to pray for those who are suffering greatly for the gospel today.
Psalm 19:7 (NIV) - The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org How do we know that we are God’s chosen people? When the laws of the Lord revive our soul. It is one thing to know the laws of God in an intellectual sense; it is another to drink in God’s laws as living water. It is one thing to look at God’s statutes as good advice; it is another thing to trust the Scripture to such a degree that it dictates how we live. God’s word brings us wisdom that is beyond our years, even beyond our generation.
Hebrews 1:3 (NIV) - The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org If God made the heavens by His word, why would we think that His word couldn’t sustain the things that He has made? Jesus came to the earth to reveal God and remind us that God is involved in the affairs of His creation. Things have not changed since that time. God is still involved in the day-to-day activities of our world. God is sustaining His creation and revealing who He is through Jesus Christ, the mediator between God and man.
2 Chronicles 20:20 (NIV) - Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.” Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Surrounding kings had banded together to destroy the people of God in their land and the Jews realized that they were majorly outnumbered. In the face of a certain massacre, Jehoshaphat reminded them that God had spoken for centuries about His people blessing the earth-now they had no choice but to cling to their identity as God’s chosen people. As they kept true to their identity and worshipped God, the LORD fought the battle for them. This is more than their story—it is the story that is written on every person who has been changed by Jesus Christ. Have faith in the LORD and his prophets and you will be successful.
2 Peter 3:15-16 (NIV) - Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Notice that Peter attributes Paul’s writings as Scripture, but also notice that Peter acknowledges that people can misunderstand and even distort Scripture. The role of Christian leaders is not to discover new truths that have never been seen before, but to guide us to live the truths in the Bible that are plainly written about. When we do this we enter into the wisdom of God
1 Peter 5:10 (NIV) - And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org For the Christian, suffering is not in vain. The Bible describes suffering as a part of God’s growth process. So don’t be ashamed if you are suffering and don’t glorify it. Suffering is a means to another end: making us strong, firm and steadfast. Pain can make us bitter or better; it is all in how you view suffering in your life.
Proverbs 3:11-12 (NIV) - My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org God has a purpose for every trial that you and I go through. Because of the work of Jesus upon the cross, we are not set up for judgment but for growth, even if the struggles that we face are great. This may cut against the grain of our quest for comfort and convenience, but God is interested in more than having us feel good about ourselves—He is a faithful and loving father who delights in bringing us into what He has made us to be and do.
1 Peter 3:9 (NIV) - Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
We are called to bless others. This doesn’t apply to just the people that we get along with—this also applies to the ones who who hurt us. How do you respond to people who offend you? Do you lash back? There is a blessing that God has for those who are willing to absorb the pain of offense and respond with kindness.
Proverbs 4:25-26 (NIV) - Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
According to book of Proverbs, there is power in focus. Instead of trying to achieve a lot of projects simultaneously, it is better to take each project to its destination, then to move on to the next project. It is the fixed gaze that sees the level path. It is the focused look that can discern the paths that are firm.
Proverbs 10:9 (NIV) - Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.
There is an inherent guilt when we are trying to do things that we know are wrong. How would you act if you were always worried about being exposed for things you feel guilty for? Would that shape you? The Bible says yes. It is the person who doesn’t try to cut corners at other people’s expense who can sleep well at night. The security of integrity is far greater than the anxieties that come with any wealth created by corrupt practices.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968