www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1263

Replies to This Discussion

Colossians 1:27 (NIV) - To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
When the apostle Paul used the word “hope”, he didn’t mean wishful thinking about the future. The Biblical view of hope is a certainty that affects the way that we live now. When Christ died for our sin and rose from the dead, He poured out the Holy Spirit to reveal this hope of glory in our heart. This revelation is like a down payment toward the certainty of a glorious future with God, which empowers us to live fully now. If God is for us, who can be against us? We are called to live in that reality today.

Psalm 51:10 (NIV) - Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
David was clinging to God in this penitent psalm. He was exposed in his adultery with Bathsheba, yet David had an understanding about God that most people in his day lacked; that God could create a pure heart out of an impure one. David was an Old Testament man with a New Testament revelation; he understood that God delights to renew our heart.

John 14:1 (NIV) - “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
We are bombarded with anxieties over things that will probably never happen. These anxieties flood our emotions and thoughts while they exhaust our willpower and ability to think clearly. Jesus knew this and told us that when we trust in God our hearts are at peace, because focusing on God’s word will reclaim our imagination from the troubling scenarios that we repeat in our mind.

They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

– Revelation 6:10 (NIV)

Have you ever been frustrated because you felt that God was waiting too long against injustice? The anchor to the sentiment of this passage is in the description of God. He is the sovereign Lord, holy and true. Not only is God over the affairs of men, his timing is holy and true, even if it frustrates us at the moment.

Exodus 4:12 (NIV) - Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
We often think that God can’t use us until we are fully prepared. That is not the story of Moses. It was actually when Moses felt unqualified that God told him that he would become the great emancipator of the Jewish people from Egypt. God’s pattern is on the job training; so don’t wait until you feel ready to do something for God, do something and God will meet you along the way.

Psalm 28:7 (NIV) - The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Music has always been a major part of the Christian tradition. Singing in harmony and written music came directly out of the church. What was the catalyst for this explosion of musical creativity? The Psalmist response to God was a joy that was so full that he had to respond in song. This is not a reaction of fear, but of incredible freedom. Our heart can leap for joy because in His presence is fullness of joy. This is the nature of God, and all of mankind has been blessed because of it.

Hebrews 7:26-27 (NIV) - Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.
The concept of sacrifice for sin may be foreign to many of us, but we can all relate to criminals receiving justice for their crimes. The annual sacrifice was the payment of justice for the crime (sin) of the people against God. Yet that was not enough for God. He sent Jesus as a priest unlike any other. Jesus had every advantage, yet instead of using his uniqueness to promote Himself, Jesus offered Himself as the sacrifice. Justice had been served at the cross as the innocent gave Himself for the guilty once for all. Now we have peace with a holy, blameless, and pure God who calls us to Himself in Christ.

1 John 2:9-10 (NIV) - Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble.
We only entrap ourselves when we allow our souls to be bitter toward others. There could be a good reason for our feelings, but harboring hate toward others doesn’t affect those people in the least. On the contrary, we are the ones who become imprisoned by our feelings. So bring your bitterness to the light. Talk to someone about your hurt and receive prayer for your need. God’s light can fill the dark soul and take out the obstacles around us if we will just humble ourselves.

Psalm 73:1-3 (NIV) - Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
Notice the phrase, “when I saw”. It seems that the condition of our heart is directly related to what we gaze upon. We can be filled with wonder, or we can be filled with envy. Does it seem like your feet are slipping in your relationship with the Lord? Examine at what captures your attention. You may find that faith or doubt are a result of the things that you look at the most.
Psalm 119:147-148 (NIV) - I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word. My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.
The Psalmist is speaking here of guarding our prayer time with God. There are many things that can keep us from the Father. Many times these distractions are not overtly bad. A job can get too busy. Needed rest turns into hours wasted in entertainment. But we need to make sure that we make appointments with God that we keep. Find out the best time that you can give God and put it in your schedule book. You’ll be glad that you did.
Romans 1:24-25 (NIV) - Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen.
God takes sexual sin seriously. When we give ourselves over to sexual impurity we degrade sex from a beautiful conversation between a husband and wife to a tool (and often a weapon) for personal gratification. The scars of “sexual freedom” often include cynicism toward sex, because sex outside of God’s design cannot deliver what it promises. Yet this current landscape has created an opportunity for the Christian community. Sex as a sacred act within the covenant of marriage needs to be lifted up as the way to give us true freedom—as God originally intended for sex to be.
1 Peter 2:23-25 (NIV) - When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
If anyone could have fought the injustice that was thrust upon him, it was Jesus. Yet that was not what Jesus came to the earth for. He came to reveal how a holy and perfect God could still love His rebellious creation. Jesus did this by willingly giving His life in our place to restore us to God. In other words, Jesus did not resist the pain of a sinful world so that you and I can resist the temptations that assail us every day by connecting to the Shepherd of our soul.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968