www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1297

Replies to This Discussion

Hebrews 2:18 (NIV) - Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The mystery of Jesus is great – He is fully God and fully man. His Divinity has the power to deliver us, His humanity brings Him to our side when we need His help. Because Jesus experienced the same suffering that we do when we face temptation, He is aware of the anxiety and fear that we face. Therefore run to Jesus when you are tempted – for He has the power and the compassion to help.
John 1:29-31 (NIV) - The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.” Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Think about this— John’s success was based upon how well he could make Jesus known among the Jews. We can get caught up with what others think about us, but John was more concerned about what others thought about Jesus. This is one of the keys toward Christian growth: not that we think less favorably of ourselves, but that we simply think of ourselves less and turn our attention to the One who takes away the sin of the world, including ours.
Ezra 3:10 (NIV) - When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord, the priests in their vestments and with trumpets, and the Levites (the sons of Asaph) with cymbals, took their places to praise the Lord, as prescribed by David king of Israel. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Music is one of the marks of spiritual renewal. Notice the order: the temple is finished, the priests are in place, and the musicians take their role. There is great power in music, for God has used music for centuries to bring people’s hearts toward Him. Sometimes we need to worship God with our minds, but there are many times when we need to worship God from our heart. Don’t miss one of the great tools that God gives us to live a full life — sing to the Lord and allow Him to renew your heart.
Psalm 18:16-17 (NIV) - He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This Psalm brings us back to the story of Moses going through the Red Sea. When we feel overwhelmed by the circumstances around us, God reaches from a place of perspective and power. We may feel that we will be destroyed, but God sees the bigger picture — His power is greater. As we pray this Psalm, we can’t help but get God’s perspective and become aware of the power that is available to us today, for we have someone greater than David here—Jesus Christ is the ultimate deliverer and the One who hears our prayers. He has delivered us and will deliver us again!
Ecclesiastes 12:1 (NIV) - Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, “I find no pleasure in them”— Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Ecclesiastes reminds us that if we look at this world outside of God we end up with cynicism. There is so much about this world that doesn’t make sense that if we allow our life experiences to be the gauge of happiness, we will quickly lose pleasure in everything. That is why the author of Ecclesiastes tells us to remember our Creator, for earthly experience can only be fully enjoyed from heaven’s perspective. This is what keeps us from becoming grumpy as life takes its toll upon us. God is the One who keeps our eyes clear and our soul filled with light.
John 14:9 (NIV) - Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org What is God like? When Philip asked this to Jesus, His answer was radical: when you’ve seen Jesus, you’ve seen God. Like Philip, we are prone to miss this vital insight, but Jesus wants us to know that His life is all that we need to know about the Father. Moses was amazing as a servant, but Jesus stands alone as God’s Son. In other words, God has given us the ultimate understanding of who He is in Jesus Christ.
John 15:9 (NIV) - “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org We often hear about having a heart that loves God, but have we thought much about living in the love that God has for us? This is liberating because our love goes up and down and has a tendency to be fickle, but the Father’s love for us never changes. So when you feel like you’ve let God down, remember that God’s love is so great that you or I cannot grasp its height or depth, so rest in that love, believe in that love, and let God’s love change you to the depth of your soul.
Psalm 8:6 (NIV) - You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org There is an aspect of God’s plan that empowers us to rule over our surroundings. In other words, there are things that God delegates to us because He wants us to grow in roles of responsibility. So don’t shrink back and blame God or others because things are not done—you have a mandate from God to rule in your circumstances. This is a privilege that God gives to every human on the earth.
Psalm 22:30-31 (NIV) - Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim his righteousness, declaring to a people yet unborn: He has done it! Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The Story of God is for every generation. But history has also shown that the greatest resistance to fresh expressions of faith are the people who hold the memories of how God did things in the past. The opportunities of the next generation need the encouragement and support of this generation. Don’t miss the opportunity to proclaim God’s righteousness to a people who will live their faith in radically different ways.

the Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org

‎2 Thessalonians 2:13 (NIV) - But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Notice the order of this passage. The Apostle Paul starts with God’s initiative, then the work of the Holy Spirit, then an understanding of truth. We didn’t find Jesus, He found us! This progression can help us as we interact with people who need to know God. Don’t start with doctrine, but pray for God’s initiative in a person’s life, look for moments when you know that God’s Spirit is working on them, then present the truth of the Scripture. This gives people the space to respond to God and it frees us from trying to make something happen that only God can do.
Ephesians 6:10-12 (NIV) - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The world is not just what we see with our physical eyes. There is a realm of angels and demons all around us. Some people try to ignore the things that they face in life that they can’t explain; others try to sensationalize it in a Hollywood fashion, but the Bible is clear—we face a spiritual battle that only spiritual weapons can defeat. When we are confronted with experiences that we can’t explain, we are not defenseless. The Lord has given us armor that can withstand the onslaught of the devil. Use it!
Ephesians 6:18 (NIV) - And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The apostle Paul has described the armor of God and now he ends this passage with a call to prayer. It is when we are vigilant in prayer that our eyes are opened to the realities of spiritual warfare, and prayer guides us to put on the armor of God to stand against the schemes of the devil. We do not live in a vacuum, and prayer reminds us of this reality.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968