www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1211

Replies to This Discussion

Proverbs 13:7 (NIV) - One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.
Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
Don’t let how things look on the outside fool you. As The Great Gatsby reveals, we can be driven by the need to have more things with disastrous results. Yet that drive to look successful to others continues to harass us. It is only when we are able to take our eyes off of the vain aspects of wealth and humble ourselves that we can come into the true riches that God has for us.
Proverbs 14:15 (NIV) - The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps.
Childlike faith in God does not mean to ignore the practical steps of life. On the contrary, a true faith in God will cause us to carefully plan out each step while keeping the perspective of Who ultimately holds the outcome of those plans. So the life of faith is not an excuse to avoid planning; the life of faith causes us to think things through even more with a focus on God. This will protect us from the perils of blind optimism that would cause us to believe anything or from the chains of pessimism that would hinder us from looking ahead.
Proverbs 16:18 (NIV) - Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
Pride has been depicted for centuries as a destructive force. How many examples do we need to see before we realize that pride exposes our insecurities, and our insecurities will drive us to our ruin? It is far better to work on the inner qualities of our character than the outward hubris of success, for without that inner awareness we too will become examples of pride—and that very pride will become our downfall.
Proverbs 18:21 (NIV) - The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
There is an old saying, “Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” The Scripture tells us that saying is wrong—words can maim us far more than even a broken bone. Our words have the power to lift someone up or haunt someone for the rest of their life, so be careful what you say. Your words go much further than you realize.
Deuteronomy 7:6 (NIV) - For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
When Adam and Eve rebelled in the Garden of Eden, God had a plan. He would look for a man, Abraham, to produce a people, Israel, who would be His people. That people would produce a man, Jesus Christ, who would produce a people, the church, who would be God’s treasured possession throughout the earth. This is much more than about just you or me as an individual, the plan of God has always been a people who would know Him and show the world that He is alive.
James 1:5-6 (NIV) - If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
This is a promise that every believer in Jesus Christ can boldly claim. When we face situations that are beyond our understanding, there is a life line: God will give wisdom to those who realize their plight. Notice that first we must come to grips that we lack wisdom, then heavenly knowledge will open up. It may come through the Scripture, a “random” phone call, or a variety of ways, but when it comes we must not doubt God’s answer. He has promised to give it, but we need to receive God’s wisdom as boldly as we ask for it
Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NIV) - This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord.
According to this Scripture, one of the greatest hindrances in our walk with God can be success. The subtleties of achievement creep into the most innocent hearts and can take us on a path that is far from God. How can we keep this from happening? To look for pride is nearly impossible, but it is easy to humble yourself and place all of your sense of worth upon the One who loved you enough to die for you on the cross. When this becomes our source of significance, neither wealth, achievement or intelligence can compete with knowing the Lord

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

– Psalm 18:2 (NIV)
1 John 3:9 (NIV) - No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
The life that is changed by God has a new posture toward sin. What was once a normal pattern now becomes a source of discomfort, because the Spirit of God is bringing conviction to our heart and changing us. So the conviction of sin is not to bring shame, but change, because God’s Spirit is faithfully guiding us from our old nature to our new reality. We are not alone in our struggle against sin—God Himself is faithfully leading us
Numbers 11:16-17 (NIV) - The Lord said to Moses: “Bring me seventy of Israel’s elders who are known to you as leaders and officials among the people. Have them come to the tent of meeting, that they may stand there with you. I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take some of the power of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them. They will share the burden of the people with you
Ephesians 2:22 (NIV) - And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
The apostle Paul equates God’s people as the dwelling place for God’s Spirit. This is not a place made with human hands but by the hand of the Holy Spirit. The ramifications of this change are huge. We don’t have to wait for a church service to experience God’s Spirit. God is ready to do things among us whenever two or more are gathered together.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968