www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1136

Replies to This Discussion

Psalm 69:6 (NIV) - Lord, the Lord Almighty, may those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me; God of Israel, may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me.
Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
The Psalmist is lamenting actions that he knows are wrong, and he is coming to grips with the implications of his deeds. Our conduct doesn’t just affect us—it affects everyone around us. How many people have been disillusioned in their faith by the actions of someone around them? So be aware of what you do, for you can control your choices, but you can’t control the consequences of your choices. This is the beginning of wisdom and the fear of the Lord
Matthew 9:37-38 (NIV) - Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
Jesus tells us to ask our heavenly Father for men and women who will work in the harvest field. That request is as relevant for us today as it was 2000 years ago. God is always doing more than we can keep up with, so our hearts must be set to find those who are called to work with God’s harvest. Pray today for more workers, and also pray about what you can do to help them succeed.
Isaiah 61:1-3 (NIV) - The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
God is near to those who are hurting. One of the best places to grieve is in the presence of the Lord, because God takes our pain and turns it into something beautiful. Though you may not feel like you can make it, you become a candidate for God’s strength when you are in your weakest condition. It seems that the splendor of the Lord is displayed when praise comes out of despair—when a broken branch becomes a mighty oak—and that can only come from God’s intervention in the midst of our pain.
Psalm 16:8-9 (NIV) - I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
The Psalmist tells us that we experience security and our heart is glad when we set the Lord always before us. Situations can cause us great anxiety, but when we see the Lord in and beyond our circumstances we gain a confidence that causes us to not be shaken. We have been given all that we need to see beyond our surroundings and focus our gaze upon Him. We can rest secure even in the most challenging situations.

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

– Romans 12:3 (NIV)

This admonition challenges our preoccupation with titles and positions. Blessed is the person who realizes that they are not as important as they think they are, for then they are in the position to activate others in their God given gifts. The blessing of boundaries not only allows a diversity of gifts to flourish in churches, it also protects leaders from carry burdens that they were never meant to carry alone
Revelation 21:5 (NIV) - He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
The Bible tells us that the future is bright, but we see a different picture when we look at movies about the future. They are filled with apocalyptic landscapes that live by the rules of predator and prey. In contrast, Jesus tells us that He is making everything new. There is coming a new heaven and earth that will eclipse our current surroundings with beauty and not devastation; with renewal instead of death. You can count on that.
1 Timothy 4:14 (NIV) - Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
The elder statesman Paul is teaching his young disciple, Timothy, that having a spiritual gift doesn’t mean that we can let that gift go unattended. On the contrary, we are to discover and cultivate our gifting. God expects us to take care of what He has given us, so don’t get distracted with things that ultimately have little value to your soul. The Holy Spirit has given you something magnificent—do not neglect that!

Romans 12:6a (NIV) - We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.

Each gift has a purpose. God has given them to us to use for His pleasure. This is an important point because we live in a culture of comparison. We quickly validate or invalidate our gifts based upon others around us. Yet these comparisons will quickly rob us of the journey of discovery. We need the liberty to wrestle with the unique way that we are created. God’s grace has given you something that no one else has, so don’t put that gift under a basket; we are depending on you to use it!

Acts 2:5-6 (NIV) - Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken.
Pentecost was a multi-national event. The book of Genesis records that God confused men’s language when they tried to build a tower up to heaven; now God was building a living temple and using the very languages that divided humanity to bring them back together again. Heaven had come to earth; God was birthing a new people from every tribe and tongue to display His glory—the people of God.
Jonah 1:3 (NIV) - But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord.
Jonah was running from the call from God to preach to Ninevah, so he tried to get as far as possible from that city. But Jonah made a common mistake; he felt that if he avoided Ninevah, he could avoid God. The story of Jonah reminds all of us that there is nowhere that we can go to escape His presence. How about you? Are you trying to escape God’s call on your life? No matter where you go, God is there waiting.
Luke 6:37 (NIV) - “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Proverbs 19:8 (NIV) - The one who gets wisdom loves life; the one who cherishes understanding will soon prosper.
Notice the posture that we are to have toward wisdom and understanding. Getting wisdom is a way of loving yourself, and the greatest prosperity is not in placing high honor upon money, but upon understanding. So love yourself today—go after the wisdom that God offers in His word and cherish your understanding about life. This kind of love not only prospers you, but it also prospers those around you.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968