www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1280

Replies to This Discussion

Ephesians 4:2-3 (NIV) - Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Matthew 25:34-36 (NIV) - “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Matthew 25:34-36 (NIV) - “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something... to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Judges 2:18-19 (NIV) - Whenever the LORD raised up a judge for them, he was with the judge and saved them out of the hands of their enemies as long as the judge lived; for the LORD relented because of their groaning under those who oppressed and afflicted them. But when the judge died, the people returned to ways even more corrupt than those of their ancestors, following other gods and serving and worshiping them. They refused to give up their evil practices and stubborn ways.
Ruth 2:11-12 (NIV) - Boaz replied, “I’ve been told all about what you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband—how you left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know bef...ore. May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.” Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This is an amazing picture of a woman who left everything to be associated with the God of the Israelites. Many times we want the blessing of God, but we’re not willing to leave the comforts of our current lifestyle. Don’t be held back by the idols of comfort, for sometimes the refuge that God offers us is on the other side of a storm.
1 Corinthians 12:4-6 (NIV) - There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is t...he same God at work. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This means that the God who anoints one person to preach His word also anoints another person with the gift of administration. Both gifts are important and have their place, but all gifts come from God. So don’t despise your gift and calling, whatever it is. God gave it to you and needs you to function in it. When each person does so, the church will build itself up in love.

Romans 14:5-6 (NIV) - One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Deuteronomy 4:10 (NIV) - Remember the day you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, when he said to me, “Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach th...em to their children.” Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Throughout the Bible, God has called His people to step away from their normal activities to gather together and learn of Him. Moses was faced with the promise that God made to Abraham of a people “as numerous as the stars”, and God wanted His people to know of Him. So step away from your normal activities and learn of God’s ways; teach them to others. When you do, you are stepping into the story of God that started with Adam, was fulfilled in Jesus, and is manifest in His church.

Psalm 5:3 (NIV) - In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

Psalm 150:6 (NIV) - Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Worship is the natural state of things. Every bird’s song is a song of praise. Every baby’s first breath fills our hearts with joy. In a sense, every breath that you and I take is a miracle, so don’t miss the moment. Praise God in all things, because our breath is a gift from God.

Proverbs 6:16-17 (NIV) - There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Haughty eyes ...imply an inflated ego that exalts themselves over others. A lying tongue can be linked to manipulation for personal gain. Hands that shed innocent blood is someone who will run over anyone who gets in their way. All of these actions are harmful to the stability of a community. When it comes to God’s plan for the Church, He takes community seriously. http://www.thedailybibleverse.org/bible-verse-there-are-six-things-...

Psalm 133:1-2 (NIV) - How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Unity has a high value in Scripture. The analogy used here is oil, which is symbolic of the Holy Spirit throughout the Bible. In other words, when God’s people are united, the Holy Spirit begins to flow from the head to the feet. Do you want more of the Holy Spirit’s presence in your community? Learn to live together in unity. It may cause a revolution!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968