www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1212

Replies to This Discussion

Psalm 31:9 (NIV) - Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

The Psalmist reminds us to be fully aware of the things that are going on in our soul. To try to act like we are happy when we are filled with pain is not only unhealthy—it’s unbiblical! Don’t let the pressure of optimism force you to deny your pain; the Bible calls us to confront our feelings, then take those feelings to Jesus. When we are honest with ourselves we are in the place to be honest with God.

1 Peter 2:4-5 (NIV) - As you come to him, the living Stone —rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifice...s acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Many people refer to the church as a building. They may say, “That is where I go to church”, but Peter has a different view of the people of God. He sees a building as well, but this one is made of people. In the Biblical sense, we don’t GO to church; we ARE the church. Seeing this fresh vision of God’s people will change the way that we view and participate in our communities of faith.
Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV) - Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you alw...ays, to the very end of the age.” Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Notice that in this passage (which is referred to as the Great Commission) Jesus does not say, “Go and make converts.” or “Go and get decisions.” He speaks of making disciples. What does it mean to make a disciple? And if this is the commission of Jesus to his followers, how would that change the way that we present the gospel to others? Let us know what you think.
2 Timothy 2:3-4 (NIV) - Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehea...d, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Memorial Day is a time to remember the sacrifice that men and women have given for their country. In the same way, God calls us to live in such a way that pleases our Great Commander. Let this holiday remind all of us that you and I are not called to live an “ordinary” life. There are great adventures that await those who are willing to endure hardship, and therefore, qualify for the prize.

John 4:34-35 (NIV) - “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The work of God is not seasonal, for He loves His people and is always doing somet...hing in the world around us. But are we able to see that? When our food is to do the will of God we will have hungry eyes searching beyond our needs and toward the creation that is groaning to be reconciled with its Creator. Open your eyes, for there is a harvest right in front of you!
‎1 Chronicles 16:4-6 (NIV) - He appointed some of the Levites to minister before the ark of the Lord, to extol, thank, and praise the Lord, the God of Israel: Asaph was the chief, and next to him in rank were Zechariah, then Jaaziel, Shemiramoth, Jehiel, Mattithiah, Eliab, Benaiah, Obed-Edom and Jeiel. They were to play the lyres and harps, Asaph was to sound the cymbals, and Benaiah and Jahaziel ...the priests were to blow the trumpets regularly before the ark of the covenant of God. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org When David set up a tent to house the ark of the LORD he did something that was unique in the worship of Israel: he assigned priests who would play musical instruments and lead the Jewish people in praise. This was when many of the Psalms were written. When we worship God in song we unleash creativity and open the floodgates of heaven to our souls. Establish a personal time of worship and see what creative expressions come from your life.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28 (NIV) - See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse — the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the commands of the Lord your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org... God is not withholding any of his blessings from us—we choose whether to enter into His blessing or His curse each day. As beings made in God’s image, we have been given the privilege of deciding how we will approach life. But with that privilege comes responsibility, for we can also turn from God and follow our own ways. Don’t follow after the god of career, family, or worldly success. God is setting his blessing or curse before us today.

Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Jesus Christ existed before the beginning of time. That is a hard thought to get our head around, but when Jesus used the term, “I am”, He was referring to the name that God gave Himself to Moses. How could Moses interact with a burning bush on holy ground? ...How could a pagan like Abram hear the voice of God and leave his country? How we can know the voice of God in our hearts? Jesus has always been the mediator between God and man. He stands as the eternal door to know our Creator.

Romans 4:19-20 (NIV) - Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead —since he was about a hundred years old —and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the pro...mise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This is an amazing analysis of the life of faith. Abraham faced the facts around him, but did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God. Many Christians ignore the facts and fall into blind optimism, while others are overwhelmed by the facts to the point of unbelief. Our father of faith Abraham shows us how to live with the realities around us while we look to heaven for God’s intervention.

Genesis 3:8 (NIV) - Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org One of the first effects of the Fall of Adam and Eve was that they hid from God when He came near. That curse has followed us ever since.... When the One who gave us life comes to look for us, you would think that we would run to Him, but we hide instead. Yet God’s mercy still calls to us. The Father sent Jesus Christ to find us so we could face the light of His love and He could take away the sin and shame that clouds our perception of ourselves and God. We can hear the sound of the LORD God again and be restored.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV) - Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and no...t be faint. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Isaiah was facing a time when Israel was divided by civil war and was about to be conquered by Assyria. Yet Isaiah can speak of having strength renewed and endurance that will carry the people of God through all of the pain that they are about to face. This tells us that our perspective can change even when our circumstance won’t change at all. When we get an eternal understanding, we are filled with strength for all that a fallen world brings to us.
Psalm 130:6 (NIV) - I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This is a prayer of repentance. The Psalmist is de...scribing his soul as a dark place. Have you ever felt that you had messed up so badly that darkness flooded your soul? Instead of looking for answers, look for the Lord. Those who take time to wait and watch with God’s promises will experience something better than answers—they will be filled with the light of God’s presence. Take heart, for though it may seem dark now, dawn is coming.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968