www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1283

Replies to This Discussion

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.

– 1 John 2:15 (NIV)
Leviticus 19:18 (NIV) - “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This is a very difficult...
commandment to keep in a culture that demands individual rights. To forgive a wrong is to give up our right to justice; to forgive a grudge is to give up our right to be correct. But according to this Scripture, forgiveness is not based upon self-humiliation, but self-love. It seems that offense reveals how well we accept ourselves, and forgiveness is a gift to keep us free from being snared by the actions of others.

John 14:12 (NIV) - Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Not long after this, Jesus died and appeared to His followers in resurrection power, and we read in the book of Acts that the disciples were performing the same miracles that Jesus did. The works of Jesus were no longer confined to one person; God had created a new community through the power of His Holy Spirit. Notice that Jesus said, “anyone who has faith in me.” This is not limited to the people in the Bible, or just those who are in vocational ministry. Heavenly power awaits anyone who asks for it. This is a promise that Jesus made to all of us.

Philippians 4:6 (NIV) - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Ezra 3:3 (NIV) - Despite their fear of the peoples around them, they built the altar on its foundation and sacrificed burnt offerings on it to the Lord, both the morning and evening sacrifices.

This account chronicles the rebuilding of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem under Persian rule. Jeshua and Zerubbabel took a courageous stand—they determined to worship the Lord even though they knew that it would seem strange to everyone around them. We often think of evangelists as people on television or who speak on big stages, but the best witnesses are usually people who don’t see themselves as anything special—and that is what makes them so effective. You may be afraid of people around you, but if you just live your life like God is alive you will be amazed how it can impact others.

Psalm 100:4 (NIV) - Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

This is known as a Psalm of ascents—or a Psalm that is to be sung as you enter the temple. This song tells us that thanksgiving and praise has little to do with emotions; they are choices that we have to make as we prepare our hearts for worship. So take a moment now and ask yourself: What can I be thankful for? How can I praise God’s name today? Don’t be surprised to see your heart change as you do, because praise and thanksgiving is designed to take our eyes off of ourselves and place them on the One who has the power to change us.

Ezekiel 3:3-4 (NIV) - Then he said to me, “Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.” So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth. He then said to me: “Son of man, go now to the people of Israel and speak my words to them.

When Ezekiel began his prophetic ministry, God gave him a vision of eating a scroll, then going to the people to speak to them. In this context Ezekiel has a hard road ahead of him, but the words of grieving are not bitter—they are sweet. This is a stunning picture of godly obedience. The man or woman gripped by God sees even difficult tasks as pleasant to the soul, for these people are not living for the approval of others—they rejoice in obeying God.

‎2 Peter 3:2 (NIV) - I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

Peter was doing what good preachers are supposed to do: turn people back to the Scripture. Christian experiences are good, but they can only take a person to a certain point. Unfortunately, too many churches are filled with unsatisfied people because they have been trained to live off of other people’s spirituality instead of developing their own relationship with their Creator. Grab ahold of the Scripture for yourself and study it, soak in it, and let the commands of Jesus saturate your mind and heart. You’ll find your soul restored by the words of the Great Shepherd.

‎2 Thessalonians 2:15 (NIV) - So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The church in Thessalonica was going through a very difficult time. They were battered by persecution from the outside and false teachers from the inside. This caused the apostle Paul to exhort them to return to the source of their faith—the Scriptures. We can be thrown off course by the challenges of everyday life or audacious claims made by spiritual people, but we see much clearer when we stand firm upon what has been given to us in the Bible. It truly is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.
‎2 Corinthians 5:21 (NIV) - God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The ramifications of this Scripture are stunning—God put our sins upon Christ before we ever committed them! In other words, God knew of our sin in advance and put them upon Christ at the cross. The sinless man became our sin, and therefore, God sees our sinful life as righteous, or as pure before Him. God offers this gift to his children freely: Jesus Christ died for the sins of the past, the present, and the future. God’s justice and mercy becomes good news for any who would believe in Jesus Christ as the Savior of the earth.

‎1 Corinthians 1:30 (NIV) - It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

There has been a barrier between God and man since Adam and Eve’s rebellion in the garden, but God had a plan. Where we had lost our ability to come back to God, He would make the path for us in Jesus Christ. Just like our ancestors in the Garden of Eden, we want to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Yet God is continually presenting to us the tree of life, Jesus Christ, who is the wisdom of God to bring us back to Himself

Matthew 1:22-23 (NIV) - All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The story of Jesus confronts us with events that defy and even offend rational thinking, yet Matthew pulls no punches: J...esus Christ’s life is miraculous from start to finish. The birth of God as a man is one of the great mysteries of Christianity, but if everything about God could be explained we should question its supernatural origin. This is the mystery that sets the rest of the story in motion; this is the great moment when heaven came to earth and lived among us.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968