www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1251

Replies to This Discussion

Revelation 1:7 (NIV) - “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Only a small group of people knew when Jesus came the first time, but it will be very different when He comes again. Every eye will see and every heart will be exposed in the way that we either surrendered to His Lordship or rejected Him. Jesus is coming again to reclaim the earth that belongs to Him. Are you ready for that moment?
James 1:22-24 (NIV) - Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org According to the Bible, to learn something is not enough—we must live what we know. Do you feel a burden for prayer? It does you no good unless you pray! Do you desire to study God’s word? It will profit you nothing until you sit with your Bible and heart open. This is the sin of the information age—we think because we’ve learned something that we are living in that truth. But learning is only the beginning of the journey. Don’t be enticed with the flood of information that is at our fingertips. Take the time to do what you know. There is a blessing waiting for those who do this.
Philippians 3:12-14 (NIV) - Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org The Christian life is not one of complacency, but it is also not a life of performance. Notice that Paul states that he is taking hold of what took hold of him. In other words, God has a plan for our lives that is so much bigger than anything that we can imagine that we have to strain in our efforts to keep up! God has taken hold of us, so we are not trying to win His approval; now we are living life to the fullest as we stay in step with the Holy Spirit
Psalm 139:7-8 (NIV) - Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org What do you do with a God who sees your every move? This could be very uncomfortable until we realize that this God created us, and He knows more about us than we know about ourselves. The Psalmist reminds us that our greatest achievements and our deepest failures are not surprising to God. Our heavenly Father waits for us wherever we go, guiding us back to Himself
John 21:15-17 (NIV) - When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This conversation occurs after Peter has denied Jesus three times. Jesus asks Peter this question three times to bring Peter back to his failure and to know that Jesus has forgiven him. In the same way, God extends an invitation to those who have turned their back on him. For Peter, the pains of denial changed into compassion for others, so don’t discount those who have been with Jesus at one time and now deny Him. God is in the business of turning hardened hearts into hearts of love.
Ezekiel 3:14-15 (NIV) - The Spirit then lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit, with the strong hand of the Lord on me. I came to the exiles who lived at Tel Aviv near the Kebar River. And there, where they were living, I sat among them for seven days—deeply distressed. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Ezekiel is a difficult book to read. It starts with dramatic visions and dreams that scholars are still trying to unravel. The Bible describes God as far beyond our comprehension. Ezekiel’s encounter left him bitter, angry and overwhelmed as he stayed with people who were living in the aftermath of the Babylonian conquest. Yet God’s plan is greater than the most difficult circumstances that we can imagine. God uses those who are at the end of their abilities and must trust in the One who challenges our understanding.
1 Peter 2:1-3 (NIV) - Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Peter gives us some helpful insight on how to change. Don’t dwell on mistakes that you’ve made in your past. Instead, look toward God’s word and the hope of the gospel in order to grow. In other words, you won’t stop lying by telling yourself, “Don’t lie.” You stop lying by focusing on telling the truth. It is God’s goodness that changes us as we focus upon Him.
Psalm 23:6 (NIV) - Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org God offers us a refuge in this world. David, the person who wrote this Psalm, would become the future king of Israel, but the story of David’s life is not one of ease. He is persecuted, hunted like an animal, and even betrayed by his own son, but David does not just see his physical circumstances. He sees God’s presence to guide and comfort him in a world of pain. May we be able to say with David that goodness and love will follow us all the days of our lives—even when those days can be hard.

Do not say, “I’ll pay you back for this wrong!” Wait for the Lord, and he will avenge you.

Proverbs 20:22

1 Peter 1:3-5 (NIV) - Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org Peter wrote this letter to Christians who were suffering under persecution. He starts with a paradigm that will help any follower of Christ endure the hardships of life: believers in Christ have a living hope that reminds them of an inheritance that is eternal. That inheritance will not perish, spoil, or fade. This hope grows the longer that someone walks with Jesus, and focusing upon this hope is what allows trials to refine us and not destroy us.
John 7:33-35 (NIV) - Jesus said, “I am with you for only a short time, and then I am going to the one who sent me. You will look for me, but you will not find me; and where I am, you cannot come.” The Jews said to one another, “Where does this man intend to go that we cannot find him? Will he go where our people live scattered among the Greeks, and teach the Greeks?
Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
Jesus often said things that confused the religious leaders of his day. When we try to obey the laws of God without the life that Jesus Christ offers we will be confused as well. Following after Jesus demands all of us; our heart, our mind, and our will. Anything less will leave us confused about what Jesus taught and how we should live.
Proverbs 8:30-31 (NIV) - Then I was constantly at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind. Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org This is a description of wisdom’s role in the creation. We often think of the epic power of creation, but the Bible also describes creation as actions of joy. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit have an eternal relationship of delight, and that rejoicing is etched throughout the creation. To delight in our world and all that it has for us is to enter into a joy that has existed for eternity, so take a moment and marvel at what is around you—it was created in the image of a joyful God.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968