www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This will be a open Discussion so feel free to let everybody know what this verse means to you or how it speaks to you, I think every verse has just what God wants and needs you to hear just at the moment you need to hear it.

The Daily Bible Verse - theDailyBibleVerse.org John 15:16-17 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. | Read today's commentary > http://www.thedailybibleverse.org

Views: 1299

Replies to This Discussion

James 1:12 (NIV) - Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
We must remember that there is a reward for those who are willing to endure the ridicule of others who don’t understand the ways of God. The gospel is so radical to our human experience that it turns our way of living upside down. The gospel causes the rich to humble themselves and exalts the poor; it offers eternal life to the outcasts and the powerless. There is something about the way that we live that should draw attention to God, even if that attention is adversarial, but do not fear for God has a crown for those who stay true to what they believe.
Luke 15:8-10 (NIV) - “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Notice the value that Jesus puts upon people that He calls sinners. Silver coins were very valuable. In other words, Jesus does not look at those who disagree with Him as worthless. On the contrary, they are so valuable that God will continue to search until He is reunited with them. Do we value those who disagree with Christianity with the same honor and love? If not, we have positioned ourselves above sinners in a way that is not according to the teachings of Jesus.
Matthew 5:38-42 (NIV) - “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
What a radical teaching. Yet Jesus wants his followers to realize that we are to live in a radically different way from others. We are called to lay down our rights for the sake of others. Christians have been chosen by God to go the extra mile. This type of lifestyle will not only challenge those around us, it will become a work of grace in our hearts as we learn what it means to follow in the ways of Jesus.
Psalm 100:4 (NIV) - Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
This is known as a Psalm of ascents—or a Psalm that is to be sung as you enter the temple. This song tells us that thanksgiving and praise has little to do with emotions; they are choices that we have to make as we prepare our hearts for worship. So take a moment now and ask yourself: What can I be thankful for? How can I praise God’s name today? Don’t be surprised to see your heart change as you do, because praise and thanksgiving is designed to take our eyes off of ourselves and place them on the One who has the power to change us.
Matthew 6:19-20 (NIV) - “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
If you want to know what you truly value, just look at how you spend money. According to Jesus, our spending follows our passions. That is why giving to the Lord is so vital. We don’t give because God needs our money; we give to direct our heart away from greed and toward true treasures. What does your cash flow reveal about your heart?

Isaiah 40:11 (NIV) - He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

What is your view of God? Do you see Him as an old man with a long beard in the heavens? Or as a stern faced judge making notes of every wrong move that we make? The Bible tells us that God’s motivation towards us is not judgment, but love. His corrections are to return us to His care; His boundaries are to carry us close to His heart.

1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV) - But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
The amount of online access that we have with each other has created an inordinate focus upon outward appearances. Our Facebook status or Instagram update only inc...rease the pressure to cultivate a “personal brand” that is carefully groomed for Internet consumption. Yet God has a different way of seeing things—he looks at the heart. What would it look like to take some of the time that we spend on managing our outward image and reallocate it toward cultivating the state of our soul before God? We may be uncomfortable at first, but we also may find a deeper sense of direction and satisfaction than any outward image can produce.
Habakkuk 3:19a (NIV) - The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
The prophet Habakkuk was faced with overwhelming circumstances, yet he continued to experience refreshing from God. How? Habakkuk understood that the condition of his soul was not based upon how Israel or Judah was doing; Habakkuk was focused upon the God who was beyond his situation. When we can keep our eyes on the Lord of the universe, there are heights that we can climb to and perspectives that we cannot be seen in any other light. Habakkuk stands as a witness to us that it can be done
2 Corinthians 4:6 (NIV) - For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.
We are able to walk with God because He illuminates our heart with His light. Christ came into our darkness with His light so that we can be like a “flashlight” to others. So our goal is to not simply challenge people with the claims of the Bible; our goal is also to talk about how Christ brought light into our lives. The power of our testimony becomes the light of God for the world.
Isaiah 9:6 (NIV) - For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Written over 700 years before the birth of Christ, this prophecy was speaking of a person who would redeem Israel. A son would be given who would be compassionate as a counselor, yet all-powerful as God. He ...would reveal the everlasting Father and bring peace between this infinite being and His finite creation. Unfortunately, Israel at this time was falling apart under Assyria, but God embedded into this decaying nation the very promise of the Messiah, and He fulfilled those promises in Jesus Christ. It is comforting to know that when we feel like our lives are falling apart God promises us hope in Jesus Christ. Jesus still reveals the Father to us in wonderful ways.
Psalm 141:2 (NIV) - May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
Time is valuable. That’s why the Lord of time asks us to give time to Him in prayer. The picture of prayers like incense is one of worship. Our time, our talent, our attention is pulled away from our everyday affairs to remember the One who gave us the time and talent to begin with. Don’t let prayer be limited to rote words with no connection to your soul; see prayer as an act of worship that is meant to refresh you as you honor the LORD.
Colossians 3:15 (NIV) - Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Have you ever thought about being called to peace? According to the apostle Paul, our membership in the church should be marked by peace. This peace is more than an umpire deciding who is right or wrong; peace in the church is an indication that Christ is ruling in our hearts. When we decide to make Jesus the ruler of our life, His lordship will challenge our egos, any envy, dissensions, or gossip to bow the knee before Him. How about you? Are you at peace with your brothers and sisters? If not, obey the call to peace and let Christ rule in your heart.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968