www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Who prefers what and why?

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Star
It depends on the disc and what you want from it. In the predator, I like Z because I want that thing to stay overstable longer, as Z is more durable. In the surge, I definately like the ESP version better. Better glide and straighter/longer. It held a line longer before fading off. I didn't like the Z surge at all.
both are great but i gotta go with my flash
surge
Both disc are to flippy and to slow. For bombs I throw the XG Boss. For hyzer-flip shots I throw the Star Katana. Straight shots and controlled hyzer/anhyzer Teebirds.
i take it that you love innova then right?
Not if he thinks because he threw 2 flash's there all the same, there is some variance in Dcraft, everyone knows there is far more in innova!
I have multiples of both. In time My flash has proven best for me to throw rollers, I can get a fantastic flip hyzer out of my Surge. SO YES to both
is the Z Surge more or less stable than the ESP plastic?
I answered this above, but I'll answer it again: The Z version is more overstable. The ESP has better glide and better distance (for me at least).
I don't throw either....I like my Force. I do have a 1st Run Flash for sale. See it here
I like both, but use them differently. I found that I was overdriving some holes using the Force, and reverted back to older drivers. I try to only use as much disc as a hole needs. A Flash is probably my choice for line drive shots, or shots which must hold an anhyzer lo line for 95% of its flight, say 350 ft speed.
It's easier for people with slower throws to achieve distance with a slower disc....a really fast disc will hyzer out sooner and probably produces an off-line skip at the end of it's flight. I guess that's all right if you have room to work with, but it's easier to throw a Flash straight at it.
I liked the more overstable Z-Surges. I've got some Goldenrod gold w/ Red stamp Z Surges which respond a lot like a really fast Predator. Almost have to release them on anhyzer angle to get long flights, but I know that they will come back at the end, reliably.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968