www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So i was out today, and it seemed that headwind shots played understable, and tailwind shots played overstable. It seems to reason that R - L winds would play overstable and L - R would play understable. So I was wondering if these are generally accurate rules.

For example my 175 Star Skeeter thown moderately, straight, into a slight headwind, turned over hard, but thrown the same way into the same slight tailwind, flew nice and straight for about 200 - 250...

Thanks for your input.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the wind!!!! here in Eugene Oregon we get some crazy windy days. I have hit aces this year partly from understanding the wind. When I see a headwind I smile. I know I can throw a Destroyer on slight hyzer low and straight. The wind pushes down and flies nice and straight with predictable fade. Some old guru told me when I started. Overstable for headwind or uphill shots, and Understable with tail wind or down hill shots! Seems to have worked for me so far, but I am no Touring Pro!!! Cheers. Happy Holidays
Jonny Roc
Tony Ferguson said:
what i meant was that R-L would prevent disc from turning over, and L-R would promote a disc turning over.

Rescue said:
Just the opposite. R-L understable and L-R overstable. Thats if you are RHBH thrower. I play in a VERY windy area ( Vacaville CA ) 15 to 20mph Worst day 30+. So I've had some practice with wind.Angle of the"windy side" of the disc is important to.

Yes your on track to figuring it out. Find a open area, get perpindicular with the wind...then 180 that for comparison.

With a R - L wind, if you throw something stable....(put the mids away for this and get your fastest drivers...overstable, stable and understable) ...throw it high with some hyzer and watch it sail left. L - R get your understable driver and throw it high with some turnover and watch it sail right. The wind will carry a disc in the direction it's blowing it you throw it high enough for it to ride the current.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968