www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So i was out today, and it seemed that headwind shots played understable, and tailwind shots played overstable. It seems to reason that R - L winds would play overstable and L - R would play understable. So I was wondering if these are generally accurate rules.

For example my 175 Star Skeeter thown moderately, straight, into a slight headwind, turned over hard, but thrown the same way into the same slight tailwind, flew nice and straight for about 200 - 250...

Thanks for your input.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the wind!!!! here in Eugene Oregon we get some crazy windy days. I have hit aces this year partly from understanding the wind. When I see a headwind I smile. I know I can throw a Destroyer on slight hyzer low and straight. The wind pushes down and flies nice and straight with predictable fade. Some old guru told me when I started. Overstable for headwind or uphill shots, and Understable with tail wind or down hill shots! Seems to have worked for me so far, but I am no Touring Pro!!! Cheers. Happy Holidays
Jonny Roc
Tony Ferguson said:
what i meant was that R-L would prevent disc from turning over, and L-R would promote a disc turning over.

Rescue said:
Just the opposite. R-L understable and L-R overstable. Thats if you are RHBH thrower. I play in a VERY windy area ( Vacaville CA ) 15 to 20mph Worst day 30+. So I've had some practice with wind.Angle of the"windy side" of the disc is important to.

Yes your on track to figuring it out. Find a open area, get perpindicular with the wind...then 180 that for comparison.

With a R - L wind, if you throw something stable....(put the mids away for this and get your fastest drivers...overstable, stable and understable) ...throw it high with some hyzer and watch it sail left. L - R get your understable driver and throw it high with some turnover and watch it sail right. The wind will carry a disc in the direction it's blowing it you throw it high enough for it to ride the current.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968