www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

FROLF. How do you feel about this little word.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's disc golf. its golf played with discs - not frisbees. i supposed if it had to be made into a single word, DOLF would be more appropriate
Ha, me too; I played DG in Msla for a couple years in the early 90's and called it folf until all of the frowns and growns from players here in South Texas got the better of me. I call it "disc golf" around players, but "frisbee golf" or just "golf" when telling someone else. "Disc" and "dick" sound pretty similar, and something about my speech or delivery gives people outtatheloop a 3rd-grader's interpretation about sticks and balls and holes and perhaps the why I would be doing something like that at a public park.

Zubie said:
I love it. Actually I love the term Folf. Got that one stuck in my head from those Montana boys when I first started to play.
"I'm going DOLPHIN today."

DarthFlaco said:
it's disc golf. its golf played with discs - not frisbees. i supposed if it had to be made into a single word, DOLF would be more appropriate
When I meet someone new who asks me what I do for fun they generally understand Frisbee golf better than Disc golf! I wish we (Disc Golfers) were more widely recognized so I wouldn't have to explain SO often!!! Keep spreadin' the news about the "Sport of the future" as I've been doing for almost 30 F'n years now! How far off is the future anyhow????? LOL
That is how I have always looked at it too. Technically they aren't Frisbees...right? I would also have to say it sounds more professional when its called Disc Golf.

Chad Knight said:
I don't care for the term Frolf too much. I think of Frolf as a term for something a frog would do. I don't care for Frisbee Golf either mainly because Frisbees are made with the intent to be caught. Discs are intended to throw for distance and such.
I just say we are going to bang some some chains on dat deer feeder thang.
Frolf sounds like a game for 6 year olds. Disc Golf sounds more mature
I know quite a few people who despise the word FROLF and these are the people showing up to league and tournaments. Among the casual one disc players the term is used much more often. Personally I just say let's go throw some plastic but if I were to explain it I would use the term Disc Golf. Its not called the PFGA...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968