www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

FROLF. How do you feel about this little word.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Frolf sounds ridiculous! Frisbee golf is more understood by people who don't know the sport very well. I correct people when the call it anything but disc golf. I tell them that you play with a disc, not a frisbee.
I don't like dropping golf and just calling it disc. Ball golf is where the rules come from and it makes it easier to explain to those who don't play disc golf. Disc could mean any number of things.
Disc golf is what I play and that's what I call it.
HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT
Sometimes when I mention Disc Golf people do not listen to Disc and only hear Golf and assume I am talking about ball golf. Has anyone else ever come across this before?
Yes it would seem as though people get confused quite often. If we just call it by its given name, people will learn something new.

Chad Knight said:
Sometimes when I mention Disc Golf people do not listen to Disc and only hear Golf and assume I am talking about ball golf. Has anyone else ever come across this before?
Chad Knight said:

That happens to me all the time. I despise the term frisbee golf. Why not Whamo Golf, Innova golf, or Discraft golf? Disc golf is the only appropriate term.
we always just said "folf"
1st I ever heard "frolf" I corrected the guy
the r is assumed, don't need it...

love to stipulate the type when amongst a mixed crowd-"win some money ballgolfin today bro?"

One of the only times that the sports name can be inconvenient. :) Hmm.
jharrski said:
we always just said "folf"
1st I ever heard "frolf" I corrected the guy
the r is assumed, don't need it...

love to stipulate the type when amongst a mixed crowd-"win some money ballgolfin today bro?"

Its disc golf i hate to hear anything but the correct way
Frolf?????????? Now that's just stupid. Disc Golf, or if I'm talking to a fellow Disc golfer Just golf works. Why does everyone have to try and hyphenate everything.
I do how ever like disc-in
flying saucer golf
hate it....... It's a disc not frisbee. Frisbee are much larger

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968