www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like to see myself as a humble layed back player even if im playing an exceptional game and really enjoy other humble players, but in this case, HA!!!  Ed Austin Park seemed to be a good idea for a new course and I was with a small group looking for another group of locals to show us the course lay out.  Lets just say I regret hooking up with this group.  The ring leader of this group was a short redneck with little man syndrome and truly believed he was one of the best disc golfers is Florida.  We decided to play a round with the group and it quickly turned into the National Championship (even though nobody in this group would be qualifed).  The short redneck would call all kinds of crazy rules (which would always benefit him) and instead of appreciating a good shot from others in the group he would get pist?  He talked about how many tourtaments he won and how he was the leading player in the area...blah, blah, blah!  Going into hole16 I had a good lead and enjoyed watching this redneck Ken Climo hit every tree and body of water in the park (remember he is a local) while I relaxed with my ice cold brew.  Hole 18 is up and I throw a bomb all the way to the pin, probably a few feet away from a win.  Watched little man syndrome throw a horrible shot which pretty much set the win in concrete and never seen a player have such a fit on the disc course!  Swearing like a sailor, telling me how lucky I am, nobody beats him, we broke tons of rules, threw his bag, and then walked to his car!  For those of you that truly are exceptional players it's always nice to see you humble.  Im sure some of you have similar stories or better and I would like to hear your horror story...

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Disc golf has less people with this problem than other competitive forms. If you call yourself humble, thats a real good sign that your not humble.

Not true.  I'm the humblest person you ever met.  I'm famous for being humble.  Ask anyone.  Anyone!  They'll praise my humbleness..........

quite true!  I DO praise david's humbleness...
As well you should.

Dookville said: "I have seen the occasional bag kicker, but they kinda kept to themselves until their rounds got better."

Dook, you got to play with Nikko Locastro!!!????? :)

If you call yourself humbe, that's a real good sign your not humble?  What psycho bable garabage is that?  How long did it take you to come up with that horrible retort?  I've played countless games with all types of disc players and never lose my cool or brag about a good shot.  I play becasue I enjoy the sport and being outdoors.  If that's not humble then I guess I have the definition wrong you tard...  I was just trying to tell the story of someone who was obviously not humbe and was curious if anyone had a similar or better story.  How did it come to a case of whether or not I'm humble?  Joke, joke, joke!

I think this post shows you don't know the definition of losing your cool. So to think you misunderstand other words wouldn't be a stretch.

that is exactly what i was thinking!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968