www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Nothing like a blizzard and high winds to usher in the season. My neighborhood only got a few inches of snow but evidently some places got buried. The winds were strong and biting. The weather report claimed the gusts reached 50 mph.

Six hardy (foolhardy?) golfers braved the elements yesterday right in the thick of it. On the drive to the course and for the first half hour we got a mix of rain and snow and it was punishing. Ice rain blowing sideways sucks. Then it got a bit colder and it turned to snow and ice crystals, which was much more tolerable. Once we got into the woods and winds were somewhat blocked it was easily tolerable, even enjoyable.

We were the only ones on the course. I felt sort of like a mountain man, battling nature, but aided by the best high tech gear available. Afterward, sipping a victory Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on heated leather seats, it was worth the minor discomfort.

So how hard did you get hit? Did you play in it?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something about her being......crazy....lol!
We had the high winds and the cool temps but no snow and yes I did throw in the sucky wind.I live in Columbus Ohio and fortunatelly we dont get that much snow compared to the northern part of the state that is closer to the lake.
I was playing one of my local courses yesterday when the winds swept in and dropped the temp about 10 degrees in roughly 2 seconds. So we had to shiver through a 70 degree round instead of 80s.. ;) Sometimes I love florida.
We didn't get much snow, but we did get a high of 19 with 40 mph winds. made for an interesting round. +15 thru 9 holes. PATHETIC.
well that all depends on where you are in arizona, up north we got 2 1/2 feet of snow. i had to stomp out a circle around my basket just so i could putt
BlueGill is virgin white. We will be playing Sunday noonish.
Hey look! Climo has a Phenix bag! Must have not liked the Innova Bags! lol!!
..it was a dark,windy, rain storm afternoon.Temps dropped all the way down to 67,followed with a cool breeze off the many canals in SWFL.Practice putting in the backyard,swirling ,cooler breeze around 6-7 pm with a drop of temp into the high 50's.Ya just have to love winter in Florida.
it's suppose to snow here tomorrow...Burrrr!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968