www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The First/One Disc Question: First/One Disc to Buy to get the people in our lives into the game?

Hello, enjoying the conversations on here and had this thought, we all love this game and want it to grow. But, I am finding it can be tricky introducing friends and loved ones...overcoming some negative preconceived ideas, learning what discs not to give out around water... :-) , but with ALL the discs out there...am seeking wisdom, especially in this season of giving. 

So, what ONE disc could I buy for the people in my life that they would love, be able to throw visibly well from the start, could use as a driver, putter, etc? 

People in mind...

So, best first disc for a girlfriend who loves pink? ( She loves zumba and doing kettlebells...but, can't seem to get her playing with me outside...)

Best discs to buy the preteen niece and nephew? 

Best disc to buy the reluctant buddy who does not think he can play sports?

Best disc for the college jock who never tried the sport? (do any companies out there stamp with college stamps?)

Thanks!

Views: 564

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks dook!

The stingray is always a great choice for beginners as it tends to go where and how it's thrown, in other words a very neutral disc.  Let them throw an aviar close to the basket and when they're ready for something longer give them a leapord or a cyclone.  Most of all just get them out there with you, be patient and encouraging with them and let it be fun.  The buzz is a great choice as well as it too is very neutral.

buzz or leopard in cheap plastic. choose weight based on the individuals athleticism/strength

Comet,Buzz,Roc..

I think a Roc is probably too overstable for a beginner.  I like the suggestion of the Impact and also would suggest a Stratus.  A beginner won't lose much distance with a Startus or Impact and the disc will fly straight as soon as they learn to throw it flat. 

Learn a Putter !!!  Try the Aviar !!!!  Since 1984 !

I'd say hot pink Buzzz or Dart!

I reckon a 150g Pro D Buzzz or 150g Star Skeeter, the Star Skeeter is soft enough to double as a throw and catch disc as well.

Cept for the college jock, they would probably be able to handle a heavier disc, I would still go with a midrange though, best allround for driving and putting as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968