www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What course gives you the biggest challenge and why?

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tree lined fairways where this is no option for a hyzer, anhyzer or thumber...just straight up the gut. I think it's a confidence issue and probably a practice issue. Our local course never demands this of you.
easy one...Idlewild...why? Because it's tough.
Ski Resort courses. Such as Crystal Mt. in Washington. They have such steep uphill shots or downhill shots. You really have to carefull not to turn your wrist over on those steep downhill shots or it ends up in another zip code. But the biggest bummer is the footing. The terrain is so rocky, aside from your drive. You really cant have a run up on your 2nd shot due to all the rubble. So I found it hard to adjust to throwing stationary.
totally agree. Ski Resorts are tough courses. Silver Mountain in St. Ignace, MI is the toughest by far course I have played. Some holes I could almost touch trees on both sides of the fairway. It was a blast tho.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1817
Orange Crush in Fairmont, WV is the toughest of the 50 courses I have played. It is easier now than when it first went in but still the toughest fron the long tees. Aside from the challenge it is physically grueling, you are exhausted after just 1 round.
The wood shed and whipping post in Paw Paw, WV is phenominally hard and you will be exhausted after one round at each course. Idlewild, Morain, Ashland Blue, Holler in the Hills, Water works are all worth mentioning
If you're going to talk about ski resort courses...go to Colorado...Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Kiss the Sky in Aspen, Adventure Ridge in Vail, Beaver Creek, Durango Mountain Resort...or Sipapu in my neck of the woods in northern New Mexico...
Kensington tobaggan- I count everything as a par three, I can't throw that far:(
a super wooded hole/course can definatly be challenging, but usually some safe play will bring in a decent score( for me). At tobaggan, it's go big or go home- no point in safe play there.
I've heard it said that Stoney from the pros is the hardest in mi.
I've played around forty mi. courses but not Stoney yet- any truth to it?
Sipapu is awesome!!!
What trees? At least that what I tell myself when I play courses like that. Give me trees! because now I can compete with the big arm. More or less.
what i've seen

the toboggon
leviathan longs
willow longs

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968