www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What course gives you the biggest challenge and why?

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leviathan totally kicked our butts last year, from the long tees but, man what and awesome course.
Rolling Hills longs, I think I have only ever played once. Didn't seem so bad. Kennsington Black Locust is pretty difficult for 27 from the longs. Oh I just remembered we played Hudson Mills Monster from long tees to all the Championship pins on the holes that had them and that was tough too.
Willow Longs is pretty tough! Damn near evry hole is a tunnel shot. and probably only 15 foot wide fairways. Get into the rough it could take a couple of shots getting back out.
I can only think of 1 or 2 holes that are a royal pain in the ... From the longs at rolling but I wouldn't use that to say that its the hardest course. 2 of the long tees I love 10 and 11? big up hill strait shot then the following downhill dog leg right. Even if I'm playing the short tees I want to play these 2 from the longs.
YES! A nice crisp CRACK! in the night air. But then you can say, where'd that tree come from?! and at all surprised when in reality you play that course all the time. :-)
Hmm...good strategy. "The trees are my friend." I've got a new mantra. :-) I DO feel this way about the wind. I feel like I'm a good windy day player.
I do appreciate a good challenge, but one thing I cannot stand on a disc golf course is when there is no fairway. An example would be a mass of trees that are all 5' apart and 100' off the tee. Really then you're just playing plinko hoping to get lucky. But in the end all you get is Bob BARKer.
The new 6 at Holly Woods is pretty difficult, mainly due to the fact that its not broke in yet.
I have played Kimball in the 24 hole layout and Leigh Farm park here in Durham is harder with only 18 holes.
if anyone ever gets to Portland, check out Pier Park with the baskets in the long positions--its tight, technical, and long--a great and beautiful course...
Not Super hard , but Fun difficult is what I call it . DeLaVega in Santa Cruz , CA.
Leviathan-Longs
Kennsington-Toboggan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968