www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I need a driver that will do the hyzer flip and not turn over.  I had a 172 worn in star teerex and a 165 Z avenger that did it but i chucked em in the drink. Its the best way for me to throw straight and far. Any one know of any that'll do it right out of the box?

Views: 1610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But, why not just get more stable discs? I can see the advantage of hyzer flipping a disc to turn over for tight shots off the tee that open up or turn right.
I guess I don't see a need In ripping a destroyer as hard as I can flat, just to throw as far as I can hyzerflip a sidewinder at 80% power. The extra glide you get from understable disc makes it alot easier to throw far with less power. Plus onced learned, you can hyzerflip with much better accuracy on long drives then flat release. In my opinion....
Well I guess I will try Hyzer Flipping more often, I just can't see how it would be more accurate. I assume you do not hyzer flip in windy conditions that often?
Hyzer Flip !!!  I use a Star Valkerie !
Well I do it a good bit in the wind, head wind I throw a more overstable disc then normal and tail wind I throw my crazy flippy stuff. Left the right wind I can get crazy D with a flip. I won't in right to left wind because it will slam to the ground of it flips past flat.
Seems like a lot to learn w learning to hyzer flip. How long did it take everyone to get consistent w it?? Did u just learn to flip one disc or a number of different discs? I tried flipping for awhile but had no consistency and my scores plummeted. Any tips would be much appreciated. I know I will b trying to flip my understable mids now for straighter shots. Also I learned this weekend I can throw understable mids w a nose up angle to get them to fly straight. So many techniques to still learn!!
I don't see why people here think that the hyzer flip is so difficult. I have even done it with a Sidewinder into a headwind. If you don't have such a big arm, it is a great way to get some great D. It really is just a matter of using the right disc and putting the right angle on it. I think that a Star Sidewinder is a great disc for it. I also think that the King works pretty well (I just bought one and I like it). For some people I'm guessing that a Vulcan may do the trick as well. My Skyquest Medusa will also hyzer flip. I do tend to like understable discs since I don't have a huge arm.

One of my Home courses has A LOT of Lefty Hyzer holes that are straight tunnels for a Long ways, then break HARD right. I had a lot of trouble pulling par on these holes until I found the Hyzer Flip. My FAVORITE Hyzer Flip shots are with my Elite X Stratus. Hyzer flip it up and watch it go Straight out to about 300ft, then it puts on the cut and dives Anhyzer at the end. This Hyzer Flip shot has made my scores Much better. 

Fun to watch Hyzer Flips too. :) Neat looking flight.

Latitude 64 Bolt, or skyquest medusa.  The bolt will go a lot faster and further, but a little harder to control.  the medusa glides forever..

I'd hope you could Hyzer Flip a Sidewinder into a headwind , don't think it could get much easier than that !
"like"
It is definitely easy to hyzer flip a Sidewinder into a headwind. Unless of course that headwind is blowing at forty miles per hour. I tried it once. The King seems like it will hyzer flip all day. Also it is nice to see that someone else has checked out the Medusa, which is also a good hyzer flip disc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968