www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I need a driver that will do the hyzer flip and not turn over.  I had a 172 worn in star teerex and a 165 Z avenger that did it but i chucked em in the drink. Its the best way for me to throw straight and far. Any one know of any that'll do it right out of the box?

Views: 1590

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Firebird-L

THe FL seems like a mean choice

Hitting a tight gap is much easier to do with a hyzer release as opposed to a flat or anhyzer release. Hyzer flips are highly effective in tight wooded courses.

I really like my king, but can't seem to get the sweet spot for the flip just yet.  Yeah, really liking the Medusa, she seems to work in just about any shot.  Plus the plastic is totally different from any other I have thrown.  Can't wait for their next releases...

My King will hyzer flip all day. However, if you have too big of an arm it will flip too far and not come back. Takes a bit of skill to get it just right. The Medusa is also very good for the hyzer flip. I wasn't sure about the plastic when I got it but now I totally dig it.

Are you you throwing the king across your chest or from a lower arm slot?

I probably start the disc lower unless I am trying to pull an anhyzer. All I know is that when I hook the King up it goes a long way. The other day I put it on a huge anhyzer line and it went exactly where I wanted it to go and then faded and went even further. I had a birdie chance on a hole where I rarely get a birdie chance. The disc is perfect for me. The Medusa is similar but probably not quite as fast.

I pretty much throw everything across the chest unless I'm looking for a dramatic hyzer or something..

I Learned the Hyzer Flip with one of these :

I learned with an XD went about 250 then tried a wolf for about 325 ft . I have moved on to a 169star valkyrie and a 172 flow and an impact but tends to flip all the way over. Might go for the wolf instead

The Skyquest Medusa and L13 are about the only discs I hyzer flip anymore. They are SO versatile. Threw my New Champion Mamba's for the 1st time today though. Hit a tad bit of headwind on a throw and the Mamba lifted about 20ft. It did turn over more, but it ended up flying about 375ft. I have NEVER thrown that far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968