www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

does anyone throw the groove? How do you throw it? what flight pattern should i be looking for?

Views: 875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have been playing disc golf for 17 yrs and this groove has 0 glide and is very overstable not understable, and it is a champ 159g, I am righthanded and throw backhand ,it seems to work for SUPER dog leg left shot, even if i anhyser it, it still goes hard left, innova says it is a 6 for glide, when it has NO glide, throws like a chunk of lead lol. innova also says it's good for beginners, they are wrong again. GET YOUR S#@T RIGHT INNOVA, THE DISC SUCKS!

I think the issue with the Groove has been a collective. One disc varies from the next even on the same production run. The cooling time and temp on a grooved wing disc just seemed to be beyond the limit of the technology. Converslly the Monarch has been a great disc, with much more accuracy in the production runs. I have had good success with the Monarch and have one even now. The Grooves that I've thrown worked for me out of the box, but the wing being so wide and having less supporting material than my Bosses, it beat into another animal real quick. Replacing it netted me a disc that felt nothing like the last one and so on. Not a good disc in my opinion. Beat in a DX or Pro Destroyer and you'll have the numbers of what a Groove was supposed to be.

The groove is a great distance disc just as long as you use it that way. Throw it high enough  on an anhyzer it will come back. Thrown at slight hyzer- it seems to have no glide. If Innova made a dx version we would all love it.

If you love your Groove, then you better buy some more, because its going out of production. Thats how good that disc is.

I was going to comment about how every other disc golf forum is constantly bashing the groove...I personally hate the groove and can't wait till it goes oop! :) if anyone needs one i have a Yellow Champ groove 8/10 trade for something cool....

I have tried 2 Different Grooves. Both were MEAT HOOKS. I am not a Groove fan myself.... I have talked to a couple guys that really liked the Groove. But, both of them had No Problems hitting 450+ft anytime they want. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968