www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

does anyone throw the groove? How do you throw it? what flight pattern should i be looking for?

Views: 887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dirty, you must be able to throw that thing a mile, because i can throw it at least 370 with an s curve. i guess mine is too heavy or you just have a monster snap to be able to hyzer flip it!!!
yeah i found that its more stable then you think at first. if you manage to hyzer flip it, it does turn over real nice. overall i like the disc
i believe i need to get a lighter one.
I had a 173 and it was just another over stable disc for me so I tried the165 and big difference,love it.
cant stand this disc....but not a boss fan either. seems one dimensional. fast...drop out of the sky like a left hooking rock.im not getting the understable thing. recovers from a anhyzer in a quick and runs left. dunno...
I got a 171g excited that it was being touted as a flippy driver like a sidewinder. Nothing like a sidewinder or monarch for that matter. I avg. about 330+. Suppose to be a weaker arm disc. I have a 4hndcp on our blue course 6800ft. I can throw this flat rhbh and it dives left much like a very overstable disc. Disapointed.
Scot Lambert said:
cant stand this disc....but not a boss fan either. seems one dimensional. fast...drop out of the sky like a left hooking rock.im not getting the understable thing. recovers from a anhyzer in a quick and runs left. dunno...
I didnt really care for it but it's not a bad disc, it just doesn't fit my throwing style. i did throw the monarch and loved it.
I surprised myself yesterday when I turn it over and it didn't come back. I almost got a black ace out of it, hole 8 at Begg Park and almost got in 7). Most of the time I can get pretty decent distance around 320' for me, but I have to really throw it as hard as I can or it seems to overstable. Get some good speed on it and the thing flies very well and seems like a bullet. At least now if I turn it over on a regular basis I am getting better with a hyzer flip due to my Avenger SS.
When I first got it. I had to put an Anny angle on it, but after a few tree's jumping out in the middle of the fairway and hitting them. I find a slight hyzer angle works great. I get a slight helix ot of it. But I do find that it does not have much of a glide to it. I also find it works better with a head wind than a tail wind. This disc takes some time to figure out. Finally, I have a noodle arm (320') on a good day and it works nice for me.
i love this disc i got a 173, it goes for days but if u dont put a slight hyzer u wont get it to come back left its just a fast destroyer for me

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968