www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Let me be the first to say (or maybe, the hundredth, who knows...) i absolutely LOVE the new innova wedge disc!

While perusing the local sportsmen store (sadly the only location selling discs in a town of over 35,000) i came across a 154g wedge which, for some reason, just felt right in my hand.

I could see the possibilities flashing before my eyes.  No longer would I wonder when exactly Innova was going to get off it's ass and make a truly understable putter.  No longer was that paralyzing fear of that "in-between" gap of 50 to 100 feet where I had no chance of ever chucking it in and was cursed with the fear, always mentally wrestling with myself to "just lay up already... no reason to risk a three-putt."

No more.  The physics made sense.  A lighter than normal, understable, slowflying disc made sense.  If I felt comfortable with the natural line of my 175g aviar from 30 feet felt right,   why wouldn't a lighter, understable disc feel right from further away??  

Of course it would hold a straigher, more accurate and consistent flight! OF COURSE!!!!

So, riddle-me-this, BatPeeps of the Disc Golf world... where do you find errors in this logic?

As for me, I find none. Neither do my scores :-)

Props, Innova.  Props to you!

Tags: distance, long, putter, putting, wedge

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard of this thing back in the day, I think it was called wind? We have a lot of it here, and I've heard its a global phenomenon.
I believe the Wedge is neither a putter or a mid range , it is wedged in between the 2 hence the name. 50 to 100 ft. seems like the perfect distance for any putter , No ?
I bought my 5 year old a 137gm Wedge BECAUSE it is so understable. He can Chuck it 100ft or more throwing LHFH and around 80ft+ throwing LHBH. Its his go to disc. He putts fairly well with it too. The small rim on it is Great for small hands/fingers.

Thats Cool !!!

Wedge is awesome...accurate and user friendly.

Let me also say I love the wedge. When I drive with it, I can turn it over really well for a nice path. It is a very useful disc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968