www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Review, discuss

It's a new putter from Maple Valley Plastics, right here in Michigan. The outer rim has a separate plastic piece bonded to the flight plate portion, like the Odyssey by Quest. The plate is milky, soft, and has an inner edge with a textured grip. The outer piece is tacky, and grabs onto any chain. I've hit putts with it on the outside left edge low and it went in where most would keep on flying like nothing happened. It has a Voodoo-like shape and flight path for putting at least.

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apparently the outer plastic is VERY durable, so don't be worried about smaking tress or anything else with them :) These putters are getting lots of love lately, so of course I had to buy a pair to try out. I have been throwing Wizards exclusively for my putting duties, these were actually the first new putter I have tried in almost 2 years. So far I am still liking my Wizards, and I'm not sure if it's the putters fault or the fact that I am so used to putting with my Wizards that the Ion's don't "feel" right. I know one thing though, I don't like how floppy these soft runs are. I like a firmer putter as I throw SS Wizards which are actually not that soft at all, so I am going to give these one more go once the medium ones come out.
i got the ion when it first came out i now have both runs of them are they are my main putters now
I have a red/black second run but haven't used it enough to give good feedback yet.

My question is about where it's made. I thought innova made it. Innova is making discs in Michigan ????
No, it's made by Maple Valley Plastics.
I got a second run red and black ion just over 2 months ago, I love how it feels in the hand and the flight pattern. It has become my main putter, taking place of my wizards, so i picked up a 2nd one about a month ago. Great putter!
Sounds like a fun new putter I might have to get one please hold one for me at the throw shop I have to come by to get me disc that went for a swim last week.
I still feel it flies like a Voodoo at least inside my shop here. I am hitting the same rate of putts with it as the Voodoo, and higher than any other putter. Will try to throw it on a drive today.
are they only available in michigan ?
I like that stamp!
We have the Maple Valley Ion Putter in Florida at the Clearwater Disc Golf Store!
Mike Phillips raves about them and likes to throw them off the tee pad.

Trippy looking Disc !!!

I totally dig the stamp.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968