www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Review, discuss

It's a new putter from Maple Valley Plastics, right here in Michigan. The outer rim has a separate plastic piece bonded to the flight plate portion, like the Odyssey by Quest. The plate is milky, soft, and has an inner edge with a textured grip. The outer piece is tacky, and grabs onto any chain. I've hit putts with it on the outside left edge low and it went in where most would keep on flying like nothing happened. It has a Voodoo-like shape and flight path for putting at least.

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you about the flight plate of the ION being flimsy feeling. I don't really like its feel. That said I am hitting the basket from a greater distance more consistently, make sure you understand the term hitting the basket. I am hitting the outside of the basket, just need to get my toss about 2 inches higher
Yes I know about this link. I was on the phone with MVP for 20 mins. because the pdga at the ATLANTA open was saying different! I sell these in my store, and thats the feedback from some of the players, playing at pdga tourneys.
When does the new hotstamp run come out?
Received the Maple Valley ION Putter Rigid, but no Hotstamp. All blue.
huh, i was at the gas station today, and was apparently looking at a first run ION (orange and blue) for 13.99. the clerk said its been sitting there for months on end, no one will buy it, ....Brand New! He asked me if it was a good disc because it won't sell. I said, "Never heard of it". i didn't even know what an ION was until reading this blog.
I like it because I drive a Saturn Ion.

on the back of mine I wrote " it's a F*^*^g ION!!" and when some friends saw that we now joke every time I use it.. they ask " what is that putter??!" and I say " it's a F&^#*G Ion man!!!

had to be there I guess, haha.

but I think it's a decent putter.
I drive Tupperware on wheels too!!

I'm really digging the medium run ions. They're dead straight & accurate. When it's hot out and I'm sweating beyond belief.... then it's hard to grip my thumb on the top flight plate. That goes with any type of clear plastic though.
I wouldn't mind trying this out. There really aren't any disc golf stores around me. The only ones are sporting goods stores that sell the basic discs. All the good ones I have are ones I have found. haha
Can this be purchased on a website?
I've got both M and S Ions, and I could ship one out though we don't sell online, per se.
10 bucks at marshall street right now for either the soft or medium
Hot Stamp art showed up here on april 22

Maybe the die for the stamper is being built 1 "ion" at a time?!
Donny, if you have any of these for sale, please let me know. You know how I hate buying discs I haven't gotten my grubby little fingers all over.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968