www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have seen discussions here lately about disappointing discs, or the best from each company, but not one where you got a disc and were surprised at how well it worked.

I have to say for me it is a Champion Viking 172 gr. I only got this disc after getting a 35$ voucher for winning a tourney. He had mostly Innova, I throw mostly Discraft. He didn't have any Innova I was familiar with except heavy Valkyries. I picked up a Viking and asked him how it was to a Valkyrie. He said just a little more stable. I picked it up, hoping it might find a way into my bag, if not it had a cool stamp and might make a great memento of the tourney tyo hang on the wall.

The disc ROCKs! I love it. It is super straight and did not have any tendency to turn over with full power. I was getting as good distance with it as I ever did with a Valk, and just shy of my record distance with a QJLS. The disc was a big surprise and found its way into my bag immediately where I need distance on straight shots. Distance is still improving with it and it may become my go to disc for max distance( currently held by my ESP Crush).

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pro D Zone. I picked it up mainly because it was $8 and it said limited edition. At first I really didn't care for it. But now I think it is awesome! Backhand, Forehand, Long, Short.
The best thing is that it really holds a predictable line on a forehand shot, it has really increased my game. I throw predominantly forehand and it has always been hard for me to find discs to throw shorter distances on a forehand shot.
The Zone is awesome!
Huzzah for the D Zone! Try rolling it, too. By far the most consistent and reliable FH roller I've found, I use only Zones nowadays for rolling, as well as an awful lot of FH air shots as well. Mad props.
Try a 08 Worlds zone SO AWESOME!
I would have to say my groove. Feels like crap in my hands but its my one of my longest discs (other one is my boss). For the longest time i was consistantly drivin 270ish, now im hitting over 300. I love it.
word to that man. prior to getting the groove all my forehand shots just turned over into the ground. first couple drives after getting the groove were so deep i couldn't believe it! it makes a beautiful S and has a very straight finish. i'd say it's only flaw is that because it is such a curvy disc, it is difficult to play with in heavily wooded courses, but other than that, the groove is my favorite forehand driver no question. can't wait to try out my new ecostar groove... in the mail, on its way!
I have been playing with a Champ Panther for my mid-range for about a year, and I love that disc. I happened to pick up a Star Skeeter, and I have to admit, I'm likin' it...a lot. It has great glide, and will hold any line I put on it. Just don't tell my Panther...it gets scary jealous.
I was pretty shocked when I tried my Timberwolf, because I hadn't ever met anyone who had thrown anything made by Daredevil Discs (out of Canada). This has become my $$$ disc for any straight or control hyzers from 260-320. It is a WONDERFUL disc. Feels good, doesn't beat in easily, and consistently flies true. Great disc! Not my distance disc, but it has become my consistent, control driver ever since I got it.

Kinda like a teebird, but feels way better to me.

I very much recommend it to anyone.
Nice to see I'm not the only one loving a Groove. The most surprising disc in my bag is my go to overhand disc Raging Inferno DT. Sucks hardcore for anything other than overhand, but I've got that thing down to a science now with that disc.
148 gram Champion Orc.
I've been very happy with the Juju putter that I picked up.
175g star max. I got it to backhand but couldn't work the kinks out, just started throwing sidearm with it and I couldn't be happier, plays really nice steady lines and breaks late with a nice flick, I have yet to send one into the ground. I was using a destroyer for my sidearms but as soon as it got beat in to that certain point it kept grounding out. the max has shaved strokes off of my game and I thought it was a piece of trash.
super rock all the way

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968