www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have seen discussions here lately about disappointing discs, or the best from each company, but not one where you got a disc and were surprised at how well it worked.

I have to say for me it is a Champion Viking 172 gr. I only got this disc after getting a 35$ voucher for winning a tourney. He had mostly Innova, I throw mostly Discraft. He didn't have any Innova I was familiar with except heavy Valkyries. I picked up a Viking and asked him how it was to a Valkyrie. He said just a little more stable. I picked it up, hoping it might find a way into my bag, if not it had a cool stamp and might make a great memento of the tourney tyo hang on the wall.

The disc ROCKs! I love it. It is super straight and did not have any tendency to turn over with full power. I was getting as good distance with it as I ever did with a Valk, and just shy of my record distance with a QJLS. The disc was a big surprise and found its way into my bag immediately where I need distance on straight shots. Distance is still improving with it and it may become my go to disc for max distance( currently held by my ESP Crush).

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

meteor. glides forever

Champion Viking is very Cool !
Quest AT ultralong range driver. It floats so that was why I got it, but I was shocked at the true flight of this disc. And its pretty long also. I think the key is to take some power off of it. Its quirky looking ( suprise right? ) but a really great disc.
Has to be a Banshee. Right now I've got Champion plastic with a DX backup. My last ace was with a Banshee (sidearm on a short hole around a tree). This past week I hit a sick blind shot down a hill from a different fairway. I love it because I can put it out there to the right distance and then simply let it fade to the hole. Speed and distance. I love it.
For me it would be the mako. Fantastic from first throw!
I found a 10 year old gazelle in my basement that was old, beaten up, and looked like it wouldn't fly at all. I cleaned it up and decided to toss it in my backyard. To my surprise, I bombed one across my yard and down a hill. It would've been the property of my neighbor's dog if it hadn't hit trees. After that I carried it around and I use it regularly.
150 FLICK! Great for short hard hyzers, strong headwind drives, and my favorite reasons..... its great for escape shots and hyzer skips
have discovered I LOVE the breeze!!!! Stole both my wife's now.
i've gotta say my 172g elite Z surge that i got at tTilleys in Traverse City, Michigan. WOOT WOOT. it's been a simply outstanding disc since i've started using it and i've aced a number of holes with it as well. it's soo peculiat though when i throw it these days because i throw it and it starts curving and then just keeps flying straight, i didn't even put an S-curve action on it. But overall i love itt.
Huzzah for the D Zone! Try rolling it, too. By far the most consistent and reliable FH roller I've found, I use only Zones nowadays for rolling, as well as an awful lot of FH air shots as well. Mad props.
I am surprised that yesterday i got a ce firebird!
I must say the Force is my best liked suprising disc. Throw it anny and watch it S curve, flat and it soars for days with a reliable and quick fade, or do a massive hyzer bomb, awesome disc. I was also very suprised by the Nuke. Discraft's first speed 13 driver and it is amazing. Forget a Boss and Xcal, get a Nuke and a Force!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968